Reported by Julie Campbell
The Scraponizer ToolBox made it’s debut at CHA this year and is quickly becoming one of the hottest storage items to hit the craft world. Made of acid-free, durable poly-vinyl, this crystal clear organizing system is a great way to clean up your craft space!
ScrapOnizers are compact and easy to store in a variety of ways. They can be stored traditionally (vertically as shown in the photo) and can also be stacked horizontally on a shelf. They are also compatible with hanging letter filing systems, which makes clearing your work space very easy.
Each ScrapOnizer Starter Kit comes with:
- White tagboard box (similar to a magazine organizer)
- Self-adhesive labels
- 4 clear cases (1″ w x 12″h x 10″d)
- 4 individual cavity trays:
– 5.5″ X 8.75″ (2 cavity tray)
– 3.75″ X 8.5″ (3 cavity tray)
– 5.5″ X 4.25″ (4 cavity tray)
– 2.5″ X 4.5″ (8 cavity tray)
I use my ScrapOnizer to organize all of my small paper crafting embellishments, but this system can be used to organize just about anything. (Some of the really creative ideas I saw at CHA included a babysitting kit and a Lego organizer for kids.) Since this system is so light weight and impact resistant, it’s easy to pack a few cases in a bag to take to a crop or stamping event.
With the special “Snap-Lock” design, ScrapOnizers store your items in self-sealing compartments. The trays and cases have a “tongue and groove” like system, so even small items stay in the proper compartment.
One of the things I love about this system is how easy it is to customize it to coordinate with your style or decor. In the picture below, the company demonstrates how they transformed a plainToolBox simply by applyingscrapbooking paper and a few embellishments.
- Clear cases make it easy to locate stored contents.
- Material is light weight & impact resistant.
- ToolBoxes can be customized to coordinate with your space.
- Tongue & Groove design keeps small items from migrating.
- Not ideal for items you reach for daily. (I prefer to have my “essentials” right at hand instead of in a closed container on a shelf)
- I would also like to see a pattern included with the ScrapOnizer to make it easier to cover the tagboard box with patterned paper.
The ScrapOnizer Toolbox system retails for $24.95 (USD). You can also purchase additional cases ($15.50 for 4 cases) and cavity trays ($11.25 for 4). You can find a local retailer HERE. Some online retailers include Scrapbooks.com, Scrapbook.com, and Stamping Bella.
I think the ScrapOnizer is a really innovative idea and can be used to organize just about anything! On a scale of 1-10, I would give this product an 8. If you own this organizer, I would love to hear about what YOU use it for and what your opinion is of this new system!