Sakura Quickie Glue Pen

Reported by Julie Campbell

Sometimes the simplest tools can pack a big punch! Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite products – the Quickie Glue Pen by Sakura. I love this pen because it allows me to place adhesive with precision in even the tiniest of spaces. The glue glides on smoothly with it’s 0.7 mm tip. It’s the perfect tool to apply small amounts of glitter or flocking, and works great with tiny paper pieced projects. I also love using this product to adhere small gemstones and embellishments to my cards or scrapbook pages.

The Quickie Glue pen can be used for permanent or temporary adhesion. When the glue is first applied, it is tinted light blue. While the glue is this color, it will produce a permanent bond. If you just want a temporary bond, wait a few moments and the glue will turn clear. This will give your projects a light tack and will allow you to reposition your pieces repeatedly.

In the project below, I cut tiny blades of grass that I wanted to adhere to my card front. The glue pen was just the right tool for the job!

I also used the pen to adhere the tiny pink flowers in my tree branch. I love using this tool when paper piecing small areas! To add dimension to the skirt, I applied adhesive with the glue pen to the top of the skirt and added a couple of foam dots to the bottom edge.

I wanted to show you how easy it is to add glitter to tiny spaces using the Glue Pen!

As you can see below, I traced over the stripes of my bird image using the Glue Pen.

While the glue was still wet, I applied glitter over the entire area.

I tapped off the excess glitter and my project was finished!

Pros:

• Tip is small (0.7 mm) and is the perfect tool to use in small spaces.
  • Glue glides on smoothly and evenly. No need to squeeze or tap pen.
  • Glue can be used for a permanent or temporary bond.
  • Product is inexpensive and lasts a long time.
  • This is a perfect tool to add glitter, flocking, or even small gemstones to projects.

Cons:

• Does not work as well for large projects.
  • For permanent bond, you must work quickly before glue turns clear.

The Sakura Quickie Glue pen is a great tool that you’ll find yourself reaching for time and time again. The pen retails for around $2.50 and will last a long time. You can find these pens at your local craft store or on any of these online retailers: Eclectic Paperie, All That Scraps, & Gina K Designs (just to name a few).

Have you tried the Quickie Glue pen yet? If so, I’d love to hear about the clever ways you’ve used this product!

, , ,

14 Responses to Sakura Quickie Glue Pen

1. Julia Stainton January 21, 2009 at 9:47 am #

I love this pen! It’s fabulous! Beautiful samples Julie!

2. Jill January 21, 2009 at 10:21 am #

I tried the Martha Stewart version… and it dries so fast I couldnt get the piece of paper to the the next piece quick enough… before I turned it over it dries and bam temporary bond… hate it… is this one that fast?

3. java diva January 21, 2009 at 2:14 pm #

Jill, this glue doesn’t dry that fast.
    I love this pen! It’s so great for when you want tiny eensy weensy spots to have some bling or when you want precise areas to.

4. ererwer January 21, 2009 at 3:14 pm #

I have to agree with everyone else…this is a great pen, very easy to use!!!! And holds well!

5. Kelly Mellott January 21, 2009 at 3:48 pm #

Great product recommendation! I look forward to checking it out — I bet this is great for scrapbooking.

6. Anonymous January 21, 2009 at 4:43 pm #

I wouldn’t be without this pen. If you know the Outlines Ornament Toppers I used this pen for the glitter on the tops. Great item
    Karleen

7. Lisa January 23, 2009 at 2:03 pm #

I agree, I have the Martha Stewart version and I thought it would be perfect, but it dries ridiculously fast. This sounds like a great solution.

8. Karen January 24, 2009 at 11:08 pm #

Just picked one up today, can’t wait to try it!!

9. Anonymous January 25, 2009 at 2:17 pm #

If you are quick, you can also write out your name or saying, cover with embossing powder and heat set – poof instant custom embossing.

10. Cynde January 28, 2009 at 3:34 am #

Love this Quickie Glue Pen!!! It’s perfect…I too have the MS pen and it serves it’s purpose too sometimes. I however prefer this Quickie Pen as it give you a little while to reset a letter if you are off a bit. It is just the
    “Perfect Quickie Pen”…if you ask me. I have many and have tried them all. This one beats them all hands down!

11. Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

I quill and this pen is the perfect tool for gluing such small papers. It does dry kind of quick, but it lasts forever and the precision cannot be beat.

12. Sarah May 13, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

I must have had a defective one, each time I go to use it, it takes forever for the glue to start running. I stored it tip-down to prevent this happening and it leaked into the lid. Not so good.

13. sheabella May 13, 2009 at 2:16 pm #

I bought this pen about 5 or 6 years ago. I took a hiatus from cardmaking and just recently have started up again. To my surprise, it was not clogged and it works perfectly well! All thumbs up!

14. E-in May 14, 2009 at 1:22 am #

i love this pen too… it doesnt dry fast and very easy to use!