Trend Report: Craft Fair Collection by American Crafts

Reported by Simone Collins
When I first heard that American Crafts was coming out with a line called Craft Fair, I knew that it would appeal to the masses just based on its craft theme. Let’s face it, with the popularity of sites like Etsy and Craftster and the whole Handmade movement, it’s pretty obvious that people love their crafts.

This new collection celebrates all things crafty, from needle crafts to cooking. The bright colors and lively patterns are perfect for all sorts of projects. There are 24 different designs of double-sided patterned paper, the back sides feature a coordinating solid color:

The collection also features three different assortments of their popular Flair:

There are two new fonts of fabric Thickers in six coordinating colors called ‘Patchwork’ and ‘By The Yard’ :

These Patchwork Thicker Accents are also Fabric and come in two different colors, pink and brown:

New rub-ons also follow that crafty theme and even features and “I ♥ Blogs” image:

And I expect to see this handmade ribbon on many projects to come:

There are also felt embellishments called ‘Details’ in two different sets that will be arriving in stores in April that will just make this line even more popular. The mix of colors in the collection made creating this card a snap:

The products in this line are all reasonably priced. The papers retail for $.80, Flair retails for $4.00, Rub-ons and Thickers retail for $5.00.

They are available online at A Million Little Things and Two Peas in a Bucket.

Have you spotted the new Craft Fair Collection by American Crafts, yet?
We would love to hear what you think about it!

, , , ,

17 Responses to Trend Report: Craft Fair Collection by American Crafts

1. Crystal March 17, 2009 at 9:36 am #

American Crafts is hands-down one of my absolute fav brands – their ribbon, rub-ons, and metal embellishments are amazing! Can’t wait to get some of these products – especially the paper and the new rub-ons! Thanks so much for keeping us all up-to-date on the latest and greatest products!

2. Nixster March 17, 2009 at 10:16 am #

I love American Crafts but it’s really hard to get hold of in the UK – we’ll be lucky if we ever see this range here and if we do it will probably be a year out of date! Even as a UK retailer I struggle to stock AC in my shop 🙁

3. kawaii crafter March 17, 2009 at 10:27 am #

I haven’t seen it in stores yet but I can tell I like it. The whole line is very clever.

4. Mimmers49 March 17, 2009 at 11:56 am #

This line is sooo cute! Love, love, love the “handmade” text ribbon.

5. rachel March 17, 2009 at 2:06 pm #

I saw the craft fair paper line at our local Ben Franklin Crafts on my last trip – I had to buy the button print paper!

6. Shay March 17, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

I received the brown fabric Patchwork Thicker Accents in my last Studio Calico kit (they are darling!) and I used one of the buttons on a tag for my mom’s sewing round robin project. I love all the sewing images as I can use them for my mom who loves sewing and cooking for my sister. The colors are fantastic too!

7. PattiM March 17, 2009 at 4:03 pm #

I hadn’t seen this new line from American Crafts until i received your email. I really like that they came out with something showing crafts, its really cute. I’ll be on the lookout for these..

Hugs,

PattiM
    (Pattie’s passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!

8. Erika M. March 17, 2009 at 4:50 pm #

I’ve seen the new Craft Fair line and absolutely love it! It’s definitely gone on my current favorites list of things to buy.

9. Louchia March 17, 2009 at 8:45 pm #

This is so ’90’s!!!!

10. Piradee March 18, 2009 at 2:09 am #

i am so so so in love with this collection – especially the cute little owls. and the colors, just perfect!!

11. Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 8:11 am #

Nixter, you want to check out http://www.sarahscardsltd.com/shop/917/918/index.htm – I bought loads of the new line from her about 2 weeks ago.

12. ScRaPbOoKfReNzY March 20, 2009 at 2:29 pm #

I love, love, love this line! It’s so me!

13. euphoria March 20, 2009 at 3:07 pm #

I love this line- still haven’t gotten my hands on it yet, but I did get the sewing machine rubon tattooed on my arm!

14. Niella May 6, 2009 at 4:18 pm #

American Crafts is def my fave brand! I’m in love with everything AC..thickers, mini-marks, ribbons, cardstock…I love the c/stock, such gorgeous addictive colours! Can’t wait to get my hands on their stamps:-)

15. Pam February 1, 2010 at 10:46 pm #

OH MY!!! “Craft Fair Collection” rocks, the possibilities are endless. Beautiful bright colors and love, love all the embellishments.

16. thuy March 16, 2010 at 11:25 am #

everytime i see anything from the collection i just smile!!! it puts me in such a happy mood!!! i love it!!!

17. Yvonne August 8, 2010 at 8:45 am #

Very nice , love the ribbons!