CHA Coverage: Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress – a division of QuicKutz

Guess what this is? Awesome, that’s what…

Here’s something that has everybody buzzing… a letterpress machine for the crafter. That’s right. Letterpress. At home. QuickKutz has launched a new brand: Lifestyle Crafts (also known as L), and is about to release what crafters have been clamoring for: elegant letterpress, with the ease of folder embossing.

When paired with the QuicKutz Epic 6 (or other well-known die-cut machines) and a sticky oil-based ink, the Letterpress debosses and applies ink simultaneously. And when you use the Letterpress soft cotton paper, no impression is left on the back side. Impressive! (pun intended)

The Letterpress line has a two kits to make sure you’ll have everything you need, as well as lots of accessories that you’re going to want. The starter kit will retail for $69.99; there’s also a kit that includes the Epic 6 for $149.99. There’s a full line of 20 inks (which are completely mixable for custom colors), as well as coolio impression plates (really awesomely designed), and soft cotton paper for the best letterpressing results.

Check out this video of the Letterpress in action!

Overall, we were really impressed (ha! sorry, couldn’t resist) with the Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress. It looks very promising, and I can’t wait to get my hands on one!

The following two tabs change content below.

Dana Vitek

Dana Vitek is a craft-‐‑supply hoarder with an obscenely understanding husband. She works full-‐‑time as a geologist, and spends her free time sort of paying attention to her two kids, reading a lot, and crafting. She's a crocheter, but not a knitter because knitting seems way too complicated. She's a card maker, but usually only 10 minutes before a birthday party. She cusses at her sewing machine. She has at least 12 different types of glue, but can never find the scissors she wants when she wants them. Dana started writing and editing for Craft Critique in 2008. She is perhaps best known for her Mother of All Black Ink Tests, and her annual April Fool's posts. She blogs extremely irregularly at Stamping Science. http://stampingscience.blogspot.com

Latest posts by Dana Vitek (see all)

, , ,

32 Responses to CHA Coverage: Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress – a division of QuicKutz

1. Cindy H. July 29, 2009 at 10:17 am #

Wow, how cool is that!! Thank you for sharing.

2. Jackie July 29, 2009 at 10:18 am #

I wonder if it will work in the Big shot – I hop so!

3. Lindy Stamper July 29, 2009 at 10:51 am #

HOLY CRAP!!! I was about to pee in my pants reading the review! Hahaha… sorry. You just have no idea how much I LOVE <3 LOVE Letterpress, to have my own faux letterpress is like a dream comes true. *drool*

4. Pam July 29, 2009 at 11:03 am #

Wow! That looks fantastic! I wonder whether it works in any of the other die cut type machines.

5. Pam July 29, 2009 at 11:05 am #

Oops! Looks like it does work with some of the other machines. I do wonder which ones, though.

6. Axes DesigNs July 29, 2009 at 11:13 am #

Thanks for sharing!!! everything is amazing!!!!

7. carpediem July 29, 2009 at 11:38 am #

Wow! Looks fabulous! Thanks for the video. Just picked up my Epic 6 yesterday. When will the letterpress be available???

8. Jan Castle July 29, 2009 at 11:41 am #

would love a little more info on this “Letterpress”…looks really interesting!

9. Hayley G July 29, 2009 at 11:51 am #

Cant wait to see how this works with a bigshot!

10. Bethany Paull July 29, 2009 at 11:56 am #

I want one! Thanks for the video and info.

11. NancyS July 29, 2009 at 12:00 pm #

This is the coolest product I’ve seen in a long time…this is the next MUST-HAVE item. Personal letterpress…who would have thought it would happen?!

12. Erika M. July 29, 2009 at 1:13 pm #

Wow that looks awesome!

13. StacyC July 29, 2009 at 3:25 pm #

TFS…

14. Maureen July 29, 2009 at 5:45 pm #

OOOHHHHH – I HAVE TO HAVE THIS !!!!

15. Kelly July 29, 2009 at 8:07 pm #

This is definately something I want!!

16. TN Granny July 29, 2009 at 8:34 pm #

Oh I like that not having the back side embossed cool. Can we use it in the Big Shot and Cuddlebug?
    Thanks for sharing the info.
    Jeanine

17. Jen July 30, 2009 at 2:06 am #

VERY excited by this. Any info about it working in other brands of manual die cut machines?

18. Margie July 30, 2009 at 10:38 am #

This is ridiculous. It would take 30 minutes just to produce 10 pieces.

19. Boxcar July 30, 2009 at 10:55 am #

For those interested in what a letterpress REALLY is, check out this our video of a Heidelberg Windmill: http://www

videos/2675872

20. Cathy July 30, 2009 at 11:01 am #

It looked a little messy – do you have to clean up after each time? I think Faux letterpress says it all

21. Jennifer July 30, 2009 at 1:04 pm #

looks like lots of fun, but i agree that it would take a lot of time to clean up between colors and designs… but you know… it just might be worth it!

22. The Dingbat (Adrienne) July 30, 2009 at 1:14 pm #

Yea Boxcar!

23. Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 10:25 pm #

Great new tool, I’ll be watching to see what everyone is making with it. Carla H.

24. Sweet Harvey August 1, 2009 at 12:19 am #

Go Boxcar! Letterpress is an art. Can nothing be left sacred.

25. umama August 8, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

wow

26. ohradiogirl August 19, 2009 at 2:16 am #

Despite the messy component and the time it possibly takes to produce w/this letterpress item, I am still willing to try it out. I get that letterpress is an art also, but this is worth a try for me.

27. Mrs. fadingflower August 26, 2009 at 12:55 pm #

I’m wondering what kind of plates do they use photopolymer plates? Because I’m a graphic designer I would like to customize my own illustrations. If this is possible I would like to invest in this gadget.

28. Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 8:16 pm #

I’d like to try this. By the way, I think most of us who are papercrafters realize that letterpress is an art and don’t think that this machine can reproduce something of the quality of a real letterpress. Still, this could be worth a try for crafters who want to do something a little different.

By the comments of some here, I suppose no one should ever try to bake bread at home, since we can’t possibly reproduce authentic Parisian baguettes or San Francisco sourdough. Maybe no one should use rubberstamps, since to do so does not take the same level of talent or skill as drawing or painting. Maybe no one should make paper at home since it isn’t the same as making paper with the large beaters and presses that Twinrocker and other fine papermakers use. If you think that letterpress shouldn’t be tried at home, don’t buy the machine.

29. stacey November 18, 2009 at 9:58 am #

I’m with Mrs. fadingflower… this is look intriguing…but only if I can design my own plates.

30. Anonymous March 7, 2010 at 4:33 pm #

I am very disappointed in this, I bought it with high hopes and have had nothing but problems. I am offically giving up.

31. JESS November 5, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Yes this works with the big shot. It is tricky to ink and the clean up takes some time but it is awesome. A little ink goes a long way.

32. Dominique June 22, 2011 at 11:02 am #

YeS, it works with the big shot!!!! Get the starter kit (plates, ink & folder plates, basically everything except the machine) from amazon for $50 instead of $70. If you’re already in love w letterpress, you’ll love this. Ink is a little pricey (use the 40% off coupon at hobby lobby to get a $6.50 tube for $3.90!!) a little goes a Looong way. A little messy & not quick between cards. I use baby wipes instead of the expensive L wipes. Overall, I’m in love. Worth it to me. The real letterpresses are close to $1000 and not local to me. I’m sure u could design your own plates, as long as they were think enough.