Reported by Stephanie Wheeler
How many times have you reached for your roll of sticky dots only to rip one off on your finger, rendering it unusable after it touches your skin? Sure, the instructions tell you not to touch the dot, but that’s easier said than done.
Sticky dots are notorious for sticking to anything and everything, and sometimes sticking to nothing. That’s what makes Elmer’s Sticky Dot Stamper such a great crafting find! This dispenser takes the guesswork and annoyance out of a simple and necessary part of crafting.
I really try to limit my “gadget intake” when it comes to scrapbooking – I really want something that is really going to be useful, not just take up space on my desk. After getting this dispenser for around $6 (I used a coupon), I figured it was time to try it out. I was pleasantly surprised with how useful and convenient it turned out to be.
This sticky dot dispenser is perfect for all kinds of crafts – card making, scrapbooking and mixed media projects. Every time you need a new sticky dot, you simply place the mouth of the dispenser where you need to add adhesive, pull down on the shuttle, and it sticks a dot exactly where you need it, and viola! No more wasted dots!
The sticky dots are also great for giving some dimension to your projects when layered on top of each other, and because they are permanent and very tacky, they are really good for adhering larger, heavier objects such as buttons or chipboard.
The Elmer’s Sticky Dot Stamper itself costs around $10, but is readily available in retail and craft stores, so it can be purchased with coupons for much less.
Refills are surprisingly cost-effective. A roll of 500 will set you back around $5, which is much cheaper than most sticky dot rolls. Also, refills come in three sizes – 3/8″, 5/8″ and 7/16″, so there’s a sticky dot for every project.
- New dispenser comes equipped with a whole roll of 500 dots.
- Applies dots easily, quickly and accurately.
- Keeps sticky dots inside the dispensing mechanism, preventing them from sticking to anything and everything.
- Easily available online and in retail stores.
- Each refill contains 500 dots.
- Dots come in three sizes – 3/8″, 5/8″ and 7/16″, and are acid-free and photo safe.
- Stamper is a bit bulky, and let’s face it, another gadget.
- Takes a few tries to get the hang of where the stamp will actually be placed.
- Takes specific refills.
So what do you think? Would Elmer’s Sticky Dot Stamper make your crafting a bit easier? We’d love to know!