Reported by Erika Martin
- A 14.6” x 11.5” mat
- 3 Finger caps in two sizes
- Press Wand
The finger caps are my all-time favorite item from the Hot Glue Gun Helpers. There are three caps (2 sizes) and they are heat-resistant safe up to 600 degrees F. Not that I would ever find myself in a position where I would be using something THAT hot, but that claim made it easy for me to put them on and try them out without hesitation.
As I was working on a project with the i-bond Cordless Glue Gun, I tried out the caps when I was gluing a ribbon onto the back of a monogram I decorated for my bedroom. I couldn’t even feel the heat come through the cap.
I found that the tweezers are also a plus when trying to apply a small amount of hot glue to VERY small embellishments such as the flat-backed beads. I squeezed a very small amount of glue out of the glue gun and applied it to my beads by holding them up to the nozzle with the tweezers.
I then adhered the beads to the front of a felt-covered journal that I made with the tweezers to guide the placement. My fingers were saved from getting burned and I didn’t have to worry about fumbling about with such a small embellishment.
- Finger caps are heat resistant and safe up to 600 degrees F, protect fingers when pressing hot glue, non-stick surface
- Tweezers have non-slip, non-stick and heat resistant tips
- Press Wand is great for smearing glue, rolling and smoothing paper while gluing
- Paddle has a soft-edge tip so it doesn’t press delicate embellishments, great for “cutting off” those pesky “stringy-thingies” when pulling your glue gun away from your project
- Mat is stain resistant and non-stick, protects work surface with a convenient size of 14.6” x 11.5″, great place to rest your glue gun, fast and easy water & soap clean up
- The finger caps (“thimbles”), while they do come in two sizes, may not fit on particularly larger fingers.
- The mat tends to accumulate lint quickly, especially on the black decal, but a quick wipe-down with a damp cloth cleans it off nicely.
What’s your favorite feature of the Hot Glue Gun Helpers? Is this a product you would buy? Why or why not?
You have until Friday, February 25, 2011 at 10 pm CST to enter. One comment per person, per article, please.