CHA Winter 2012: Westcott Scissor Mouse

I must admit, I was concerned when I saw this new product from Westcott.  I love their trimmers and scissors, but I have used “quick cut” tools like this before with great disappointment.  Usually they catch on the paper, don’t cut straight, or only work with a cutting mat.  This tool, on the other hand, does NOT disappoint.
The Scissor Mouse is the size of a computer mouse.  It’s easy to handle and comes in 5 colors.
Cutting paper is a breeze with the Scissor Mouse!  You do not need a cutting mat.  The paper is grabbed by a little tab under the tool that cuts the paper.
The front of the tool has a measuring guide that is very accurate.  Just line your measurement up with the edge of the paper and push straight.  You can cut narrow strips with ease!
Use the Scissor Mouse to cut any lightweight papers.  This would be a perfect tool for the Quiller who needs to cut multiple narrow strips.  Or great for making paper beads.
What do you think?  Would this be a tool you’d like to add to your craft arsenal?
horizontal-line

, ,

9 Responses to CHA Winter 2012: Westcott Scissor Mouse

1. Sus January 31, 2012 at 8:07 am #

Would love one of these! Especially when the paper strip can be cut so thin!!! It would also be handy for cutting gift wrap.

2. Freddie January 31, 2012 at 10:29 am #

This product will be available at Staples’ retail stores this April. Look for it in a display.

3. Kathy January 31, 2012 at 11:03 am #

Sounds like a great idea…definitely a novel one. I will have to see it in action…can’t get the concept of how you would measure, or how it doesn’t cut what’s underneath. But if it works, I want one!

4. Debbie January 31, 2012 at 11:09 am #

very interesting. thanks for showing us this product. I am really wanting the pink and black Zebra one now :)

5. Pat January 31, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Oh, I would love one of these and am glad to hear that Staples will be handling them!

6. StacyC February 1, 2012 at 2:38 am #

Hmmm, very different, I might have to give this one a try…

7. Diane February 4, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

I’m in love with this already. So many times I try to cut thin strips with a paper cutter but there is nothing to hold onto so it’s difficult to cut. Hoping this will be very helpful. Do you know how much it will sell for? Any other places besides Staples?

8. Ruby Taylor February 16, 2012 at 11:45 am #

I agree this would be wonderful for those of us who work with quilling. I am glad to hear that Staples will be carrying them since I have a local Staples. I would have to try it out on different projects to see what other uses I could find for it. I would definitely be willing to try it!

9. Anonymous May 4, 2012 at 8:03 am #

Bought one yesterday mainly to cut coupons out of the Sunday inserts. Paper jams up under it and then it shreds if you keep pushing it. Plan on returning it to Staples for a refund. It seemed to work ok if you’re using regular copy paper.