Fiskars is synonymous with quality. As a crafter I have many of their products in my craft space and I rely on these products on a daily basis. I never worry about them not being able to perform. From my paper trimmers to scissors, Fiskars has established themselves as a leader in the industry.
I currently own five pairs of Fiskars scissors including my Fiskateer scissors and my grandmother’s scissors that were passed down to me after her passing years ago. I use them daily while I’m crafting, or repairing a hem for my husband, or even opening all my lovely packages from my online shopping
When I was presented with the opportunity to review a pair of scissors from Fiskars I knew I wanted to do a bit more research on the topic. I rounded up all the scissors I own (ten pairs currently) and I did a little test. Some scissors are made for tight spaces. There are scissors for lefty’s like my husband. There are non-stick scissors for sticky substances and there are all-purpose scissors. Each of the scissors I own serve a different purpose and each of them are relied upon to do their job and do it right every time.
Here is how Fiskars describes the new Amplify Mixed Media shears:
Our Amplify™ Mixed Media Shears are premium shears designed for cutting extra-thick mixed-media materials. They sense blade separation and force the blades back together to cut cleanly through thick materials like corkboard, thick cardstock, magnet and much more. Amplify™ Mixed Media Shears are available in three sizes for cutting in tight spaces, all-purpose cutting and large-scale projects requiring long, clean cuts. For crafting and mixed media enthusiasts hoping to make their next project their best, nothing on the market outperforms Amplify™ Mixed Media Shears. All include a sheath to protect the blades and a lifetime warranty.
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify™ technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6″
- Lifetime warranty
Do the 6″ Fiskars Amplify Mixed Media shears live up to the Fiskars standard and hype? Watch the video to see me put these scissors through some tests to see what they can do!
- Even pressure cutting from base to tip
- Small size blade makes for easy maneuvering and is space saving for storage purposes
- Full size handle fits comfortably in the hand
- Protective cover is convenient for travel to protect the blades
- Price is high for scissors. (But with an available coupon from the major retailers these scissors are very affordable.)
- The cover has a loose fit on the scissors and there is potential for it to slip off during transport.