One afternoon last week I got busy in my craft room. Pulled out a canvas and brushed on some paint as a base for the stencils I was planning to try out. While my base paint dried, I chose two stencils from the Fancy Pants Designs Artist Edition to use on my project. I chose a diagonal pattern and a chevron pattern. Unlike other stencils that I’ve used, I had to punch out all the drop out pieces. I actually ended up decoupaging those drop out pieces to my canvas and painting over them for an additional texture. There’s no waste in my craft room!
These stencils are not plastic – they can best be described as a coated cardstock. I used each one several different times with many different colors of paint. The stencils held up well, and after drying were not warped and are ready to be used again.
I found the scale of the stencils to be well suited for not only my canvas but also for standard card sizes and scrapbooking.
This is another quality product from Fancy Pants Designs! I’m looking forward to seeing how the Artist Series line grows.
- Stencil doesn’t warp or buckle
- Interesting and trendy designs
- Have to punch out drop out pieces
Fancy Pants Designs Artist Edition Stencils are in stores now with an MSRP of $2.99-$3.99.
Latest posts by Deena Ziegler (see all)
- Review | Fancy Pants Designs Artist Edition Stencils - February 20, 2014
- Review | DecoArt Americana Chalkboard Paint for Glass - December 27, 2013
- Review | Introduction to Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Glitter - November 19, 2013