In choosing a Planner for the New Year, there are a lot of considerations you have to make in how to choose a planner that is right for you. There are so many choices out there, so I thought I would give a brief review on some of the planners I own to give you some insight into just a few planners.
The first thing you need to consider while shopping for a planner is what style you like and can work with. There are many types of planners, however below is a list of just a few:
- Spiral Bound Planners
- Disc Bound System
- Binder System
- Hand Sewn Planners
- Midori Style
Additionally, here are some questions you may want to ask yourself when considering a planner:
- Do you like a plain planner or a fancy planner?
- Do you want a customized planner or not?
- Do you like tabs or not? Do you like your tabs laminated? Do you prefer them to stick out beyond the cover or not?
- Do prefer a planner to lay flat or not?
- Do you like ring binders vs. spiral binders? (The metal spiral allows to book to lay flat which makes it easier to decorate and write in)
- What quality of metal do you prefer the spiral to be made of? What size of spiral (these do very according to the size of the planner and any add-ons you may request for the planner).
- Do you prefer the disc bound system and the ease of customization that they offer?
- Do you like diary style planners?
- Do you want the ability to customize your planner?
- What types of covers are you attracted to (card stock, leather, plastic, etc.)?
- Do you prefer a horizontal or vertical weekly layout?
- Do you prefer a Monday or Sunday start on your weekly layout?
- Do you prefer a month on two pages or all on one?
- What size squares do you want on your monthly pages?
- What type of paper quality do you want in a planner?
- What size do you want your planner?
- What is the ideal weight you would like in a planner?
- What are the ideal dimensions you would enjoy in your planner?
- Do you want a colorful planner or a simple black and white planner?
- What are you going to use the planner for?
- Do you need an inspirational planner or one geared to a specific purpose?
- How much are you willing to spend on a planner?
- How portable do you need your planner to be?
As you can see, there really are a lot of variables involved in choosing the perfect planner. Personally, my biggest consideration is what I intend to use the planner for.
I purchased each of my planners for a specific purpose, which is why they vary so much in price and style. I have found that I prefer my pages to lay flat while I write, so most of my planners afford me the ability to do that. for those that do not, I use clips or elastic to hold the plages in place.
I personally love planners and already have six of them for 2016. Currently, I am lacking a “Hobonichi” planner but I have high hopes that I will get one soon. Hobonichi Planners are great for those of us who are list makers. In the mean time, I will do a short review on the ones I have right now over the next few weeks. So I invite you to come back to this blog to read my brief informative overview of each planner and see some of the details each planner offers.
Note: By the way, CHA is coming next week, so leave a comment below and let us know what types of products you are interested in having us search the show for to bring to you on the website in the coming months!
Maria Del Pinto
Latest posts by Maria Del Pinto (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Thanksgiving Place Setting Tutorial - November 19, 2016