Reported by Sarah Moore
This week we will be featuring books by Bluegrass Publishing. Craft Critique met the Bluegrass team at Summer CHA in Chicago. They were so friendly and generous to us! We took home a selection of books to review for our readers, and this week we will be giving you our feedback.
A bit about Bluegrass Publishing (gathered from their website):
With the success of its first publication, “The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Word”, in 2004, Bluegrass Publishing Inc. has become recognized as a leading publisher of collections of original and traditional poetry, quotations, titles and sayings within the Craft, Education, Christian and Gift markets.
Bluegrass Publishing Inc. is one of the fastest growing companies in the $2.55 billion scrapbooking industry. In its first two years, they have published 10 books, in 4 series, created two lines of embellishment transparencies, and merged with Lisa Stiglic’s new series, “Pocketful of Poems”. Striving to bring our growing customer family products that meet their needs, Bluegrass Publishing has sought out some of the most talented designers in the industry in order to continue this mission.
Bluegrass Publishing’s current products on the market include… (link to all books)
- The Ultimate Guide series by Linda LaTourelle-“The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Word” (over 200,000 sold to date), “The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Card 2nd Edition”, “The Ultimate Guide to Celebrating Kids (birth through preschool)”, “The Ultimate Guide to Celebrating Kids II (kindergarten through fifth grade)” and “Love Lines: Perfect Words Worth Repeating Series (Original Wordart)”
- Poetry by Thena Smith-“Where’s Thena? I need a poem about�”, “Whispers: From First Glance to Lasting Romance”, “Taste of Paste: Poems for the Classroom”, “BoardSmartz: Learning Quips and Bulletin Board Tips” and “Letters to Heaven: Words of Comfort for the Grieving Soul”
- What Can I Say? Artistic poetry from the Say What Series by WendiSue
- Pocketful of Poems series by Lisa Stiglic – “All About Baby”, “Toddlers and Elementary”, “Kids Incorporated”, “A Teen Thing” and “Holidays”: Vol 1-3 and Seasons: “Spring and Summer”, “Fall and Winter”. All original poems and verse.
- Clear Quotes ~ Original Word Art Transparencies by Linda LaTourelle
- BritWit ~ Photo design Transparencies by Julie McGuffee
Bluegrass Publishing publishes a bimonthly newsletter, The Ultimate Line, mailed to retail outlets and individuals in 48 states and available on their website. The Ultimate Line features new ideas, techniques and products, guest columnists and announcements on our newest releases.
Bluegrass Publishing products are sold through retailers and distributors within the U.S. and internationally in Africa, Great Britain, Canada and Australia. They can also be seen on Shop At Home TV’s monthly Scrapbooking and Papercrafting shows.
Would you like to win something?
We hope you enjoy this week of reviews! If you have read a Bluegrass Publishing book and would like to share your opinion we’d love to hear it! Leave your comment about a Bluegrass book on any of the posts this week. At the end of the week we will randomly draw a comment and that individual will win a copy of “The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Card” by Linda Latourelle.