Stickles Glitter Glue by Ranger

Reported by Heather Strenzwilk

In the past I never liked using glitter because it was so messy- glitter seemed to be everywhere but my project. Stickles Glitter Glue from Ranger is an easy way to add glitz to a variety of surfaces. No shaking required- these 35 shades of non-settling glitter glue come in fine tip applicator bottles. They work on a variety of surfaces- paper, chipboard, scrapbook pages, clear album covers and more. Once dry, Stickles are permanent and the glitter is very difficult to rub off (I tried for this review).

Stickles are non-toxic and acid free making them practical for use on scrapbook pages or albums. I was especially happy with how it worked to embellish pre-printed scrapbook papers. I found that on some rougher surfaces such as wood or chipboard, it was easier to apply Stickles to a pre-painted surface. In my experience, the product took longer to dry on non-paper surfaces. To fill in a larger space, I usually trace around the outline and then fill in the rest by using the tip to help smooth the product.

The fine tip is ideal for fine detail work in including writing and drawing. It is very easy to control the flow of the product, especially if you test it on a piece of scrap paper first! When I first started using them I had a few issues with air bubbles resulting in blobs of product. Since glues by nature have a tendency to clog applicator tips, I now store my Stickles upside down and I find the flow of the product more consistent.

Limited color selections of Stickles are available in chain craft stores such as Michael’s and AC Moore. Local scrapbook stores or The Stampin’ Place normally carry the full product line for around $2.50 per bottle.

Pros:

• Non-toxic and acid free and safe around pets and children
  • Inexpensively priced
  • Easy to clean up

Cons:

• Need to expand the product line to match colors of Ranger inks
  • Takes a long time to dry- usually overnight

Stickles delivers glitz and shine to your project without making a mess. The rainbow of colors and special fine applicator can be used to create fine detail work. My personal favorite shade was Diamond which is semi-transparent and allowed background color to show through it. Stickles are economically priced, portable and one of my favorite products to embellish projects.

Are you a Stickles fan? Do you think this is the best way to apply glitter to a project? What is your favorite shade of Stickles? Share your comments with our readers!

, , , ,

13 Responses to Stickles Glitter Glue by Ranger

java diva June 16, 2008 at 1:26 pm #

By far my favorite glitter! I use the Crystals color the most!! But I’m very impatient–the drying time kills me! 😛
    I feel Crystals gives more color than the purple and cinnamon colors. Sadly, b/c I was really looking forward to the cinnamon. Oh well…they can’t ALL be winners!
    Thanks for the Stickles fix!

Bee June 16, 2008 at 3:01 pm #

I love my Stickles, and since I use it sparingly as accents I don’t think it takes that long to dry, certainly not overnight. 🙂

Carrie June 16, 2008 at 5:51 pm #

Thanks for reviewing this product. I have heard the name a million times but never knew anything about it. My LSS doesn’t carry it.

Siobhan June 16, 2008 at 7:17 pm #

Oh my…I LOVE my Stickles! It is probably my favorite embellishment! My favorite color is Diamond, just because I find it so versatile. I find the drying time to be 2-3 hours, but we are in a dry climate. I have found them as low as 1.75 a bottle, too.

Estivalia June 16, 2008 at 7:31 pm #

I LOVE Stickles! by far, my most favourite color is Stardust.

I’ve tried “regular” glitter and it’s oh so messy…

I haven’t had issues with it not drying fast enough. Maybe using a heat-gun lighlty over it would help?

Tsoniki June 16, 2008 at 9:36 pm #

I love Stickles! I only have one color but I use it a lot.

Amanda McIlhatton June 17, 2008 at 10:46 am #

Love, love, love stickles. My fav colours are crystal, black diamond (perfect for poppy centres), fruit punch, lime green, orange (great for snowmen’s noses!), yellow and turquoise.

Lisa June 17, 2008 at 2:57 pm #

I love stickles. I almost always use stardust to accent a stamped image. It’s completely replaced the dazzling diamonds in my crafting household! (And, my LSS just starting to carry it a few months back!)

Mary June 17, 2008 at 7:22 pm #

I too am a huge stickles fan!! I keep a couple of bottles of my fave colours on hand just in case I run out.

I always so go glitter or go home. A girl has to have some bling!

~wenhether~ June 19, 2008 at 9:36 am #

I love stickles! I’m addicted to them so I have them all. Icicle and Black Diamond are my favorite!!

Sometimes drying time can be a pain…but I did the stickles last so that it can sit overnight.

Scrapbook.com sells them now and I think they are 1.99 there. Good deal!!
    Hugs,
    Heather

Smriti June 26, 2008 at 2:14 pm #

I love stickles! I use the stardust stickles (that’s the only one I have) and find it very universal.

Michelle McGee June 28, 2008 at 10:38 am #

Icicles is really good…

But I am loving the cinnamon!

Nikki June 30, 2008 at 5:35 pm #

I LOVE stickles and I use it all the time. My favorite colors are diamond, coffee ice and black. Every time I scrap shop I buy a new color. I do have a problem sometimes with the point clogging on some of them. I use a pin to unclog.