Unibind PhotoBook Creator

Reported by Melissa Norris

As I mentioned earlier, book binding was all over CHA. One of the other companies showcasing an at home book binder was Unibind.

Unibind starts you off with a PhotoBook Creator kit which includes the binding machine, an 8.5×11 photobook along with their digital scrapbooking software. They also sell various sizes and colors of books separately.

The PhotoBook Creator can accept many types of materials including cardstock, vellum, page protectors, transparency, photo paper, newspaper prints and more. The surface of the books are also embellishable (if that’s even a word!). And this is a great product for the whole household as it can be used for school and work projects, too.

It only takes 90 seconds once the book enters the machine and only takes 45 seconds to cool down. This is great for making multiple books for gifts! And they are durable! I’m holding a sample right now and am pulling my hardest and this thing is not coming apart.

Here is the PhotoBook Creator in action. I personally can’t wait to get one! What do you think?

ETA: Sorry, I forgot in the video that Cyndi never mentioned the price. The starter kit, which includes the machine, 1 book, and software is $99. Additional books are around $10 per book and are sold in sets by size.

, , ,

7 Responses to Unibind PhotoBook Creator

nichole July 28, 2008 at 7:02 pm #

i didn’t hear how much? and where and when can you order it?

Very cool!

Mary O.K. July 29, 2008 at 8:00 am #

I thought I missed the price, as well, but after re-playing the video several times, I realized that the demonstrator started to explain the price was not just the machine, but was a starter kit of…. Then the sample book was ready and the thread of conversation was lost. Did a price ever get mentioned off-camera? It certainly is an innovative idea!
    ~Mary

Heather H. July 29, 2008 at 11:00 am #

🙁 Says the video is no longer available …

denise:) July 29, 2008 at 11:06 am #

I’m a goob. I got one of those book kits with my Epson 12×12 printer last Christmas and haven’t even cracked the box open yet!! That is so cool, i can’t wait to try it now!

I also noticed the saleswoman never got back to the price!! Hmm…

Melissa Norris July 29, 2008 at 11:33 am #

Heather H-
    I’m not sure what the problem is on your end but the video is playing for me. Maybe your computer has YouTube videos blocked.
    ~Melissa

Mary O.K. July 29, 2008 at 12:15 pm #

If too many are trying to access a video at the same time, it will often indicate “Not Available.” Just revisit it later and try again.

Also, thanks for the price addendum. I have to admit that I’m surprised! I thought the price would be much higher.

melita July 29, 2008 at 4:14 pm #

i have not heard of this…it’s very interesting…are the extra books easy to get?