Reported By: Julie Campbell
One of my favorite ‘finds’ at the Summer CHA show was this really interesting product called Flower Soft by Katy Sue Designs. Flower Soft is new to North America, but apparently has been around in Europe for a while now.
So, what is Flower Soft? Flower Soft is a type of embellishment that looks like tiny sprinkles. It is spongy to the touch, but maintains it’s shape even after being pressed. You can use Flower Soft as an accent for card making or scrapbooking, as it is acid free. The site even suggests using this product to make miniature plants for a doll house.
Flower Soft comes in a variety of mixed and solid colors. Each jar is 30 mL and goes a long way! To apply, simply apply glue to where you want to add the product and shake a small amount of Flower Soft over the area. Flower Soft carries a brand of PVA glue that I really like. It has a fine tip, so the glue goes just where you want it to go. It dries quickly and becomes clear after a few minutes.
Below is a picture of what my project looked like during application. Apply it as you would glitter and just tap off the excess and return it to the jar.
One of the things I love about Flower Soft is that you don’t have to use it only for flowers. As you can see, I applied Nut Brown to my moose to create fur.
Printed paper by: October Afternoon, Basic Grey
Printed paper by Basic Grey
One of the things that first drew me to Flower Soft was the possibility of using it with my highly detailed stamp images to give my projects extra color and texture. I used a combination of Christmas Green, Spring Mix, and Sweet Pea mix.
Printed paper by Cornish Heritage Farms
- This product is acid free and safe to use for scrapbooking
- It comes in a variety of mixed and solid colors
- Compact jars will last a long time
- Flower Soft can be used for more than creating flowers.
- Even though Flower Soft comes in a lot of colors, I love it so much that I would like to see even more varieties in the future
- This product can be difficult to find in brick and mortar stores.
In conclusion, I think Flower Soft is a fun, unique new embellishment that can be used for a multitude of craft projects. It’s easy to use and inexpensive. Have you tried Flower Soft or have any additional questions about this product? I’d love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment on this post.
Latest posts by CC Contributor (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Diorama Tutorial - October 28, 2016