My Timeless Templates for Papertrey Ink

It’s hard to believe that Christmas is in just a few short weeks! As a paper crafter, I love making home-made gifts, and am always on the lookout for fresh ideas. Sometimes the simplest gifts can become a treasure just by the way that they’re packaged. But what do you do when your gift list is long, money is tight, and time is short? Let me introduce you to My Timeless Templates!

My Timeless Templates is a line of printable templates created by Lauren Meader for Papertrey Ink. Each month, Papertrey Ink releases two new template designs available for purchase on their website. These templates are a building block for you to create unique gifts and packaging out of basic paper crafting supplies.

Each template comes in the form of a PDF file which is downloaded to your computer and viewable using Adobe Reader. (If you don’t have Adobe already on your computer, there is a link on Papertrey Ink’s website for a free download.) The templates are designed to print directly onto 8.5 x 11″ cardstock, complete with cut and score lines. Some of the templates give you the option of printing the templates without the score lines so that the dashed lines won’t show on the inside of your packaging. Once downloaded, the templates can be printed as many times as needed.

Each downloaded template comes with a full-color, high-quality PDF document that includes six exclusive project ideas along with supply lists. These projects are all made by Papertrey Ink’s talented designers and are the perfect way to get your creative juices flowing. The great thing about these templates is their versatility! Once you get the basic idea of how the template goes together, it’s easy to modify it for any occasion.

For those of you who are still a little uncertain, Papertey Ink has two FREE templates available for download right now. I really loved the unique folds of the Recipe Wrap-Up and wanted to make a coupon organizer with it.

As I mentioned before, each template is very customizable. I printed the template directly onto Kraft cardstock and then added stamping and scrapbooking supplies to the cover.
The design is very easy to assemble. Each template has basic assembly instructions printed on the side (such as how many sheets to print and where to adhere). Beginning next month, each PDF file will also include thorough instructions on basic assembly, for those who are new to template designs or for when things get a little unclear.
I added a small notebook to one of my panels and used a large office supply paperclip to hold the book closed when not in use. (The original design includes markings for ribbon placement, but I thought that might get a little time consuming for what I was using it for.)
And here is the book when it is fully expanded. The template comes with these cute little pockets that were perfect for organizing my coupons!

Another of my favorite templates right now is called All Boxed Up.

My mom is always asking me for home-made cards for her to give away, so I designed this box for her to store them in.

This time, because my cardstock was so dark, I printed the template onto plain printer paper. I placed the paper on top of my cardstock using removable tape and trimmed and scored the design.
I customized this template and created a pocket on the side wide enough to hold my envelopes. Once you’ve worked with a couple of templates, customizing becomes really simple to do.

My Timeless Templates are a great resource to add to your paper crafting! Each download costs only $5 and the files are available instantly on your computer. You can purchase these templates from Papertrey Ink and new templates are available on the 15th of each month. The quality and resources that come with these templates makes this an incredible value.

Pros:

• Templates are a perfect way to create beautiful gifts and packaging.
  • Each template can be printed over and over for a lifetime of use.
  • Templates are designed to print directly onto 8.5 x 11″ cardstock.
  • Templates can be customized to expand their use.
  • Each download comes with 6 exclusive project ideas.

Cons: (or, more accurately, Helpful Tips:)

• Make sure your printer settings are set for NO scaling. This will alter the dimensions of your template and make it more difficult to use.
  • The proper adhesive makes a big difference on how well your project will hold together. I recommend using RedLine tape, Score Tape, or and ATG gun.
  • The templates can be a little confusing for those who are new to this type of paper crafting. However, Papertrey Ink will be including full instruction sheets in all of the templates to follow.

As you can probably tell from my article, I am a big fan of My Timeless Templates. These templates are a perfect way to create that special, one-of-a-kind gift this holiday season. Once you start using them, you might want to make something to keep for yourself! The templates are very customizable and can be used for any occasion.

Have you tried My Timeless Templates yet? If not, I encourage you to try out one of the free templates available on the website. I’d love to hear what you think about this new product! Or, maybe you’ve come up with a creative use for one of the templates. If so, please leave us a comment!

, , , ,

25 Responses to My Timeless Templates for Papertrey Ink

Renee V. December 3, 2008 at 9:46 am #

Lauren’s My Timeless Templates are wonderful!
    I’ve downloaded the two free ones and I am so impressed with everything. I love the easy to follow directions and the samples that are included. First class all the way!
    (I love how you incorportated it into a coupon holder – Brilliant!)

Tracey December 3, 2008 at 10:11 am #

I have all of Lauren’s Templates (though yet to USE all of them…but I have used a few) and I think they are great as well. User friendly (once you get past the ‘no scaling’ thing) and just plain fun. Great review, and your coupon holder is ingenious!!

denean December 3, 2008 at 10:20 am #

I have some, used them, and totally love them!! I’ve got four kids and need easy and fast when it comes to projects. Not only are these templates easy and fast but they look like you spent HOURS on them, making them even more special! Lauren has saved me from my gift giving issues!!

Julie Campbell December 3, 2008 at 11:22 am #

I’ve had some inquiries about the alphabets used in my projects. These are stamps from the set “Playful Alphabet” (designed by Kim Hughes) that will be released December 4th by Cornish Heritage Farms. Hope that helps! 🙂

Mrs. Langford December 3, 2008 at 11:39 am #

Lauren’s templates are fabulous! I’ve used the stocking one and they turned out perfectly. I fan the sock portions through my Cuttlebug with the D’Vine swirls folder and it really made them look classy. I can’t wait to fill them up with treats for Xmas gifts. I’m so happy that you chose to review something of Lauren’s…she is one of the most creative people!!

Anne December 3, 2008 at 12:05 pm #

Lauren’s templates are AWESOME! So easy to create too! You are absolutely 100% correct in that the adhesive makes ALL the difference! Don’t want things to fall apart after you spent so much time creating!

Sherrie D. December 3, 2008 at 12:07 pm #

Lauren’s templates are so SMART! I have used three so far and I absolutely love them- each template comes with an “idea book” which is amazing on it’s own- how can you NOT use them?! VERY well done, Lauren!

Jenn B December 3, 2008 at 12:23 pm #

I have tried the free stocking template. I love it!!! It was simple, yet very cute! Very user friendly!

Nancy December 3, 2008 at 12:47 pm #

Great Review! I have all of Lauren’s templates and I am in LOVE!!! They are easy and fun, and for must of us that have limited craft time they are a life saver! I have used 2 already and they were fun and it turned out sooo pretty! Thank you Lauren!

Kerry December 3, 2008 at 1:51 pm #

Lauren’s templates make it so easy and fast to whip out the perfect packaging. They are awesome!

Annabelle December 3, 2008 at 2:25 pm #

i love lauren’s template. they make great gift packaging. they are fun and so cute.

Rarinstamp December 3, 2008 at 2:36 pm #

I have all of the templates and love them!!! Lauren is such an inspiration. I have done a few of them and they are so easy to follow. I even sent one to a SS with an ornament and I was in AW how it looked all done!! I can’t wait til the next release of these awesome templates.

Ruth December 3, 2008 at 4:28 pm #

they are awesome, i used the same two as you and are making them into terrific “little girl” christmas pressies with paper and colourred pencils in all boxed up and with paper and sticker sheets in the recipe one.

chris December 3, 2008 at 7:42 pm #

I am only a recreational papercrafter. I am giving cd’s as teacher gifts this year so I purchased Lauren’s template for the cd case. I hated to spend the $5 but it was worth every penny!!! I am sold and will be making future purchases.

Scrapbookmama December 3, 2008 at 8:28 pm #

Lauren ROCKS.. everyday I go visit her blog to see what amazing project she has created and when I saw she was making templates for Papertrey I was more then excited.. I have tried 2 templates and have loved it. I tried the free Wrapped Up and then I bought the All Boxed Template and LOVE THEM thy are soo easy and make such beautiful projects which I will use for gifts this years. As if the previews for Papertrey weren’t exciting enough now we have Laurn’s Templates to enjoy! 🙂

-Ellie

xellent December 3, 2008 at 9:44 pm #

I teach a scrapbook and a card class each month so my hobby has become my job…my PTI stuff is just for me..for my enjoyment…not work related…I love the templates and purchased all of them for my own use…I have made the for keep sake and the music makeover boxes as gifts for my friends..they are just so darn cute I may have to keep one of each for myself…look foward to see what’s new on the 15th…X

lauriewe December 3, 2008 at 9:46 pm #

I’ve tried them and I love them, I don’t have to think about it and I can be creative, or I can change it up and be really creative.

Erica December 3, 2008 at 11:22 pm #

I have purchased the Keepsake box and the cd case cover. I am using them both for Christmas presents and I’m sure I’ll use that Keepsake box for little B-Day treats in the future. You can see a photo of my C-mas box on my blog here http://froglilly.blogspot.com Prior to Timeless Templates, I rarely made 3D items. Now I can’t get enough of them.
    KUDOs on your review too.

Erica December 3, 2008 at 11:28 pm #

I just wrote the above post and don’t think I did my link to my blog correctly. I apologize. This should work.

Susie December 4, 2008 at 5:25 am #

I love Lauren’s templates. I bought the little clutch purse one last month and it has to be my all-time fav purse to make. Lots of possibilities for end-result variety and just so darn cute.

Bee December 4, 2008 at 1:18 pm #

Great review! And I have to agree with you, those templates are awesome! It doesn’t get easier than that, it’s fast and the results are fab every time, plus the ideas booklet makes it foolproof! 🙂

Stephanie December 4, 2008 at 3:26 pm #

Lauren’s template’s and projects rock! I LOVE how each template can be customized for so many different occasions!

Kerrie December 4, 2008 at 10:41 pm #

I have downloaded Lauren’s 2 free templates but have not had the opportunity to use them as of yet. I am hoping to use the “stocking stuffer” to make gifts for the girls in my Brownie troop – can’t wait to try them out!

Landing Page Templates December 7, 2008 at 5:17 am #

I just love these template. They are so good.

Deb MacDonald October 30, 2012 at 10:06 am #

THIS IS AMAZING!! I would die to have this template!!
    Is this template still available? If so, could you please direct me where to download it?
    Thank you in advance.