Chatterbox Easy Brad Maker Kit

Reported by Martha Bonneau

When I first saw the Chatterbox Easy Bradmaker Kit as I was shopping at Craft Fancy the other day I stopped, looked at it, thought “that’s the last thing I need” and continued my shopping. For some odd reason I came back to it and decided that it was just the very thing I needed and it ended up in my basket. Hmmmm, so I can make my own brads with fun & vintage images…sign me up! In the kit you get everything you need to make 27 customized brads. In the kit you get:

• 3 different size punches
  • 27 metal brads 9 each of 3 different sizes/styles
  • “Crystals” to go over your images
  • Adhesive spots

They say easy, and they are not kidding. In just a few simple steps you can whip up a brad that matches your project perfectly. The first thing you do is decide what size punch & brad you will need for your image and then punch it out.

Next you apply the crystal over your image, then use the enclosed adhesive to apply it to your brad. There were a couple of things I learned pretty quickly: first, you need to be very careful and make sure you do not touch the back of the crystal before applying; if you do you have forever preserved your fingerprint along with your image! Second, the adhesive spots that come with the kit are a little tricky to peel off the sheet without getting glooped up. I ended up using Glue Dots to adhere the image to the brad.

Papers by Sassafras Lass

Pros:

• Easy to use, seriously could not be easier
  • Love that everything is included in the kit

Cons:

• A little pricey; the kit I purchased was $27.00
  • Refills seem to be a bit hard to come by

You can find the Chatterbox Easy Brad Maker Kit online at Stampers Dream, Two Peas in a Bucket & Blue Moon Scrapbooking.

Have you played with this cool way to customize your projects? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

, , , ,

14 Responses to Chatterbox Easy Brad Maker Kit

Etha March 12, 2009 at 8:14 am #

This looks pretty neat, thanks for the review! So are these real brads with the legs on the back that you put through the card stock or rather like buttons that you glue one?

Martha Bonneau March 12, 2009 at 8:18 am #

Etha, these are real brads with the 2 little legs on the back 🙂

Elizabeth Pagayonan March 12, 2009 at 10:00 am #

that is darling and fun!

Shemaine March 12, 2009 at 10:22 am #

I got to try these brands out at their CHA booth, totally cut and fun!!!

Jill March 12, 2009 at 10:43 am #

OMG I love that… instead of those crystal things imagine crackle accents then some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink on top of that… I wonder if you could do that… the wheels are turning now!

BishopsMommie March 12, 2009 at 11:01 am #

it looks really cool I would love to have one, but like you said a little pricey..maybe I will wait till they go on sale or clearence somewhere.

diane mcvey March 12, 2009 at 11:31 am #

I did not know these existed! I do know that Stampin’ Up has a similar product, that I have used, and they are great! And only 9.95, I believe…so that’s a little cheaper, if someone wanted to try those first! Hope this info helps…I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I learn so much great info from it!!! 😀

Mary O.K. March 12, 2009 at 5:35 pm #

TWENTY-SEVEN DOLLARS??!! Holy cow… that really is a little pricey! You did an adorable job, but it does seem that is a whole lot more than I’d want to invest, especially if refills are difficult to find. Thanks for the excellent review and food for thought.
    Best Wishes,
    Mary O.K.

Julia Stainton March 13, 2009 at 5:35 pm #

Oh these are the sweetest! I’d love to buy some but at that price…I’m going to have to wait!

retiredheather March 14, 2009 at 9:32 am #

I looked it up on the online stores and didn`t find any refills. Can you buy more or must you buy only the kit?

Heather

LindaC March 31, 2009 at 8:37 pm #

I was notified by chatterboxinc.com that the refills can be ordered at shopatron.com for $7.95. I’m not sure how many that includes.

Slyn11 April 23, 2009 at 4:31 pm #

I love the idea of this and I keep “not buying” it. What I really love is how pretty the brad bases are…love the beaded border, just perfect for vintage.

Andi May 9, 2009 at 11:46 am #

I love my Brad Maker! However, my large punch is upside down! By that, I meanit is difficult to see where I am punching the circle. I have tried everywhere and every means to contact chatterbox to no avail.

Any help out there? When I emailed them it was not accepted.

amanda August 23, 2010 at 2:45 am #

I found the refills in a few spots by googling it, but again, kinda pricey, 4 of each size for like ten bucks. TODAY the brad maker kit is on Peachycheap.com for 12.99. Mainly I just love this thing cuz once I have the punches I can use them with button shaped brads that are flat with a lipon them (Joann’s) and CTMH Liquid Glass!