I was first introduced to the doodling templates of The Crafter’s Workshop at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in 2007. I purchased two right away… I really wanted to try my hand at doodling.
I flipped the template the other way, so I could have the same dots under my photos as well. When I removed the template, I had dots in a perfect circle (I did do some measuring beforehand, so that it would be centered on my layout). These dots were a great guideline for me to add some pearls to the layout. I’m not sure how else I could have done a near-perfect circle with near-perfectly distanced pearls…
- Many different shapes and sizes.
- You can use them with pens, pencils, markers, ink pads, paint, and paint spray/mist.
- Very easy to use with pens and pencils.
- Website has lots of ideas in their gallery.
- Versatile! Suitable for crafters of all types: embroiderers, seamstresses/sewers, quilters, scrapbookers, card-makers, stampers, etc.
- Easy to clean.
- Inexpensive (yay!).
- Smaller designs take some experimentation to get the look you want.
- Can’t use paint (and sponging technique) with every design.
- If you don’t have repositionable adhesive or a magnetic mat, templates may be difficult to keep in one place.