Reported by Melissa Norris
I have a confession to make. And you can’t tell Sarah! I am a procrastinator. Always have been and probably always will be. I did this project at the last minute. Good thing it was for Easier-than-Ever Scrapbooking 2 by Creating Keepsakes. Otherwise, I might have gotten caught.
This magazine is the perfect addition to any scrapbooker’s library. With the instructions and ingredients for each recipe clearly laid out, all layouts can be completed in less than an hour. And most recipes have tips at the bottom to make it even easier, like forgoing stitching on buttons and just using glue.
I chose a layout in the Pantry + 1 section, with my +1 being buttons. The steps were super simple and easy to follow along. I ended up finishing my project in the suggested 30 minutes, aside from choosing supplies. We all know how long that takes.
The layout was designed Monochromatic in blue in the magazine, but due to my lacking of pink buttons, I chose to add the complimentary green buttons and gems. But that is the beauty of this issue, everything is so easy and simple, it is simple to change to make perfect for you and your photos.
I can see this magazine really helping the scrapbookers who enjoy going to crops. Imagine going through the magazine and your photos ahead of time, choosing the layouts you like, and packing the pantry items you need. Then you can bring all of your completed layouts home and add those +1 and +2 items that you may not want to drag along to a crop. By combining the ideas in the magazine with your pantry supplies, you can pack your bag more efficiently, use your time wisely (aside from all that chatting!), and add all those special touches when you get home. I imagine all the other croppers will be begging to borrow your magazine.
- Easy to use: With your supply lists and instructions written out, you can scraplift with ease.
- Great samples: Some of the samples look complex but are super simple once you know how it was created.
- Fast: We are all stretched for time, so if you can create a layout with that one hour that you have during nap time, you’re all set!
- Use those scraps: On several of the layouts there are bonus projects like cards to use up the leftover scraps from the layout, 2 birds with one stone!
- Pantry vs. Plus 1,2: For some people, the items in the pantry may be a +1 or +2 for you, and the other way around. Buttons are a staple for me and something I always have. But that is easily worked around.
- Price: $14.99 is a bit pricey for a magazine, but using the 10% off offer it becomes a better deal.
- Time: For some of the layouts, the time seems a bit off, and that it might take a bit longer. But I still feel they would be under an hour.
The special issue can be purchased for $14.99 at your local scrapbooking, craft, or book stores or online through CK where you can get 10% off between now and May 31 using the code GOXG-5Y78-7A17.
Remember to leave your time saving ideas in the comments to get a chance to win 1 of 3 copies of this issue generously donated by Creating Keepsakes. Email subscribers click here to enter. Contest ends Saturday at Midnight.
**This giveaway has ended. Please click here to view the winners. And stay tuned for more giveaways at Craft Critique.**
Click on the link at the top of the page to visit Craft Critique for comments, giveaways and more!