Quickie Glue Pen by Sakura

Reported by Katie Renz

Glue. Just a simple four letter word that is an absolute must have in the crafter’s repertoire. It’s something that we all groan and moan about… “which one, how many, is it permanent, will it stick, is it acid-free, is it available, is it expensive,” and the list goes on and on and on. I’m not going to address the general issue of glues and adhesives, but what I am going to do is tell you why I LOVE this particular product. This product is Sakura’s Quickie Glue Pen. No punches pulled here and no guessing as to whether I like it or not. I love it and here’s why.

First and foremost is that it literally glides on. This glue pen is just that, like a pen. There are no clumps, there is no pushing the glue out, and thus far in my experience I haven’t had any issues with it clogging. It has a fine tip that will fill in the finest details and thus far it has worked like a charm every single time I’ve used it.

Here is a very simple and easy way to use it. Just like its name, you can use it as a pen. Doodle yourself a little bit of glitter fun.

Personalize just about anything.

So, let me show you how I’ve put this oh so little power house to use. I wouldn’t consider myself a super huge glitter use, but I do enjoy a sparkle here and there. The Quickie Glue Pen allows for some intricate detail that you wouldn’t be able to create otherwise.

The glue is blue when it is applied and will dry clear. If left alone, the blue glue turns clear and becomes repositional – cool huh?

I worked each small section at a time with the glitter color I wanted and when I was done with a particular color of glitter, I would move on to the next color. You don’t have to wait too long, but make sure that each colored section is dry before moving onto your next color.

And here is my finished card. I don’t have any black glitter so I ended up using some Black Stickles.

And how about fun flock. I thought the pen worked wonders with this too.

And my finished card using the Quickie Glue Pen and the Fun Flock.

(images used are from Clear Dollar Stamps, Martha Stewart glitter, Stampendous Fun Flock)

Another perfect use for the Quickie Glue Pen is for adhering small pieces of cardstock to whatever project you are working. Any of you who use die cuts by Quickutz or any of the fonts out there by various other die cut systems will find the pen perfect.

The only thing I would say is that if you plan to use this glue for repositional purposes especially larger items, I would suggest using a different type of glue. I really like this pen for detail work, not that it wouldn’t work, but I feel like something with a larger glue surface would suit better for larger projects repositional or not.

As you probably figured, I am a huge fan of the Quickie Glue Pen.

Pros:

• Fits and feels like a pen which provides extra control
  • Glides super smoothly
  • Doesn’t clog or clump
  • Affordable

Cons: (grasping here)

• It would be nice if Sakura offered the exact same positive qualities in a slightly larger surface

This pen is widely accessible both at craft and office supply stores, but here are several online stores that carry the Quickie Glue Pen.

Retail cost for the Quickie Glue Pen is $2.79 and is worth every penny. I’m sad it took me this long to find it… don’t ask me why, other than the fact that I had other glue pens and that’s just what I used. The pen is super easy to use and I would rate this product a 10 out of 10.

Seriously, I love it! So, I showcased a couple of uses, and we at Craft Critique would love to hear of any other uses that you may have found. If you don’t own this pen, try it out and then let us know what you think.

The following two tabs change content below.
CC Contributor

CC Contributor

Craft Critique is delighted to welcome a variety of talented industry professionals as contributors to share their expertise with our readers.

, , , , ,

16 Responses to Quickie Glue Pen by Sakura

Jackie June 19, 2009 at 7:25 am #

Sakura makes the best pens and I couldn’t do anything with my Quickie Glue Pen – I love it!

Erika M. June 19, 2009 at 8:09 am #

I found the Quickie Glue Pen when I was taking a class at my LSS and fell in love. I use it a lot when I’m creating cards.

Colleen June 19, 2009 at 9:22 am #

You can also use this pen for heat embossing. My kids jusst love to sign their name with the pen on cards. Then we QUICKLY sprinkle over their signature with gold embossing powder and fire up the heat gun. This seems to be a particularly delightful addition to 4 and 5 year old set and their princess birthday cards.

MrsETaylor June 19, 2009 at 10:03 am #

I’ve got these glue pens and I absolutely love them!!!

Renee June 19, 2009 at 10:05 am #

I love my glue pen. I love that it is so great for small areas. If they made a wider point…I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for your ideas…they are great!

Helen June 19, 2009 at 10:27 am #

These are wonderful for adhering small die cut letter. First arrange your letters on Scotch removable tape (blue package) with the top of the letters to the adhesive. Turn letters over. Use Quickie Glue Pen on letters. Turn back over and position letters where you want them. Rub letters on. Carefully remove tape, pulling up at an angle.

Dana (*danavee*) June 19, 2009 at 12:05 pm #

HELEN! I love this idea! THANKS!

melita June 19, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

Love this glue pen! It is especially great for all the little diecut letters I make for titles from my Silhouette. They also work great on all the different intricate designs I cut out as well (i.e. flourishes).

Cathy June 19, 2009 at 12:34 pm #

Awesome! I’ve been using my Hero Arts Heart Winged Butterfly stamp a lot and this gives me a great idea!

Etha June 20, 2009 at 8:11 am #

thanks for the review, I just LOVE your cards!! I really like all Sakura products, they have never disappointed me and last very long. Another thing I like using the quickie glue pen for is with flower soft. If I only need very small dots of flowers I dot with the glue pen first and then shake the flowers over it.

~wenhether~ June 21, 2009 at 8:22 am #

Very cool way to use glitter! I will have to keep my eyes open for it!!

Axes DesigNs June 21, 2009 at 3:10 pm #

It looks like is a good idea have those glue pens…

Regina June 21, 2009 at 11:43 pm #

I love these glue pens. They work great for attaching small beads to projects!

hippofairy June 22, 2009 at 12:51 am #

oh, i want one of those pens! it’s on my crafting wish list…. now just to find one. 🙂 thanks for the great review!

Lisa June 22, 2009 at 8:34 am #

LOVE my Quickie Glue Pen!!! I use it in all the ways mentioned as well as to adhere rhinestones. I agree – awesome find!!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles June 23, 2009 at 12:18 am #

I really need to pull mine out and give it a try! Thanks for the awesome tutorial.

🙂