Fiskars Combo Border and Corner Punch

Reported by Christine Ousley

As I was walking along the scrapbook aisle the other day at a local craft store I saw a new Fiskars punch that really caught my eye. When I realized what this punch could do, I hurried over to the register, paid for my purchase, and drove home as fast as I could.

As soon as I started using the punch I realized that it was an excellent product; it is very well engineered. First off, this punch combines two punches into one. The levers on the top determine if you punch a corner, or part of the border, or maybe both. So it’s more portable and takes up less storage space. Secondly, the way that they have created a stair step platform has made aligning the paper with the punch unbelievably simple. No more pictures to follow. Just slide your paper to the left until it hits the next notch.
I was so thrilled with the way that this punch worked I decided to create a little video to show you how easy it is to use.

Here is a picture of my finished project first:

Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Beautiful borders for your papers
  • Two punches in one
  • Levers are on top and easy to push
Cons:
  • Hard to find at your local stores
  • Only works perfectly with papers measured in 1 inch increments, though you can work with it so the imperfections are not noticeable.
  • Not as many border designs as other border punch products
Do you love use border punches on your crafting projects? Have you tried the Fiskars Border Corner Combo Punch? We would love to hear from you!

, , , , ,

12 Responses to Fiskars Combo Border and Corner Punch

*reyanna klein* November 2, 2009 at 9:15 am #

Cool! It’s great to see this 2-in-1! Can’t wait to see what other designs Fiskars comes out with. Thanks so much for the video! 🙂

Donna VW November 2, 2009 at 9:38 am #

I haven’t met a Fiskars Border Punch that I didn’t like. The combo just brings them to a whole new level.

eskahle November 2, 2009 at 12:35 pm #

I can’t wait to purchase one!! Thank you for sharing and making the video!!!

Anonymous November 2, 2009 at 12:39 pm #

I currently have six of the Fiskars Corner Border Punches, and I love them. They are super easy to use. I also haven’t met a Fiskars Border Punch that I didn’t like.

Katherine November 2, 2009 at 12:47 pm #

I love the border punches but I’m such a klutz that I always end up with my punch crooked. I love the steps on this one -maybe my days of messy borders are a thing of the past! ; )

Debby November 2, 2009 at 2:54 pm #

I have most of the Boarder Corner punches. I think they are marlevous. I would recommend on the corners to just punch one lever at a time. If you have wrist problems punch two at a time can become a deterant. The new Snow punch is fabulous. Get together with a friend and ask the lss to order for you.

Katherine the key to a straight punch is to keep the edge of your paper up against the edge. I’ve messed it up when I slipped too.

I so love this project. It is truly awesome.

Maryellen Webber November 2, 2009 at 8:58 pm #

I haven’t seen this punch in the
    stores yet. The video was great,
    this will be on my must have list!
    TFS,
    Maryellen

RosieP November 3, 2009 at 11:38 am #

I haven’t used the combo punch, yet, but I have several Fiskars border punches and I love them. I’ll have to hunt down the combo punches.

Susie McCormick November 3, 2009 at 5:47 pm #

I HAD to run out and purchase this.. I LOVE it.. It is so easy to use!!!! I bought the same one you demoed but will be buying more. THanks!

Elaine November 3, 2009 at 7:09 pm #

Beautiful card!

pezadoodle November 4, 2009 at 4:31 pm #

i have been using these for over a year now and LOVE them! and they have held up quite well! also more affordable than the MS ones i have been drooling over but you have to buy 2 separate punches……

cute card!

Heather the Mooselover November 5, 2009 at 8:56 pm #

Cute project and the video was very helpful! I need one of these!