While you may not be used to seeing job opportunities on Craft Critique, we felt this was too good not to share! The listing below describes a new opportunity with ASM Campaigners demonstrating the Cricut Die Cutting Machine at Costco, Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts, and Michael’s Stores in the US and Canada.
Please refer to the bottom of this post for a more detailed list of locations.
The company has two opportunities available, one for Part-time Craft/Sales Retail Specialists, and another for Field Event Specialists. Coverage is needed in hundreds of cities across the US and Canada!
ASM Campaigners has asked Craft Critique to spread the word about these wonderful opportunities. Feel free to share a link to this post on your own blog, or forward it to your crafty friends!
Those interested should email their resume to email@example.com and indicate the following in the subject line: the position they are interested in (Field Manager or Sales Specialist), and the City, State of the location they are interested in, and Craft Critique. Example: “Field Manager , Los Angeles, CA, Craft Critique.”
Please direct any follow up questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Craft/Sales Retail Specialist:
Highly Competitive Hourly Rate
ASM Campaigners is excited to be launching an in-field roadshow and retail craft demo program for the manufacturer of a leading edge scrapbooking product line. We have part-time positions available nationwide.
The ideal candidate is passionate, self-motivated, ambitious, committed and driven to succeed. This person should also have strong communication skills with the confidence to develop strong ties with retail associates and trusting relationships with shoppers. They must possess excellent organizational skills and have the ability to complete assigned duties and responsibilities without direct supervision, on a daily basis.
As a Craft/Sales Specialist you will conduct in-store demonstrations to generate excitement, brand awareness, and drive sales through event execution and promotions. This fun and exciting opportunity will give you a chance to show-off your sales and customer service skills through interaction with consumers, as well as conduct creative demonstrations and how-to clinics. If you like to interact with people and get excited about trying new things, then this opportunity is for you!
- Conduct Product Demonstrations: Enthusiastically and proactively approach, engage, qualify consumers and promote products in store; educate yourself on new products and communicate features and benefits to consumers. Ability to use/learn our client’s products and create projects during demos. Set-up and tear-down of events as well as being able to store products between events may be a necessary job function.
- Drive sales: Sell, sell, sell. Focus on the selling scrapbooking machines with add-on peripherals (cartridges, scrapbooks, etc)
- Train: Train Retail Sales Associates on clients’ products and product benefits. Generate positive PR and Brand Awareness in-store. Ensure clients’ product is “Top of Mind” among Store Associates. Increase Sales Associate recommendation of clients’ product.
- Proactive Relationship Building: Communicate professionally and effectively with ASM Campaigners and out clients management team, Retail Sales Associates, Retail Management Team and Customers. Determine unique ways to forge new relationships.
- Personal Development / Training: Must be willing to commit to an initial training (specific date still TBD) as well as ongoing monthly product training, team meetings, client trainings, etc… (paid) as required
- Administration/Reporting: Must complete accurate and timely HR paperwork and reports online; call reports, expense reports (if applicable), training certification quizzes, etc… Participate in mandatory conference calls (paid).
- Results and action oriented – ownership minded
- Timely Communication – mandatory response to management phone calls or emails within 24 hours
- Professional demeanor, friendly, energetic, and customer service oriented
- Acts as a strategic client advisor to store management to enhance retail relationships
- Independent, self – motivated, and organized, while remaining flexible and adaptable
- Creative, fun and enthusiastic. Passionate.
- Familiarity with technology
- Crafting enthusiastic a plus
- Must be Internet savvy with access to a computer – broadband preferred
- Must have a cell phone; text messaging and internet browser strongly preferred
- Reliable transportation; i.e. personal car for transportation to stores/events/meetings
- Access to a digital camera is highly desirable
Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. without limitations and ability to stand for more than 5 hours at a time
Must be capable of bending and kneeling, reaching and lifting and squatting for short periods of time etc…
Must have consistent weekend availability (Saturday & Sunday); with flexibility to execute Events on Thursday & Friday for demo program. Additional availability during the week is necessary for Roadshow events (if interested). Hours available may vary from week to week
- Name tag, shirt and other branded materials provided
- Khaki or black solid pants (must be professional: no cargo or denim pants), Docker’s style is approved
- Closed toed sturdy shoes (no open toed, sandals, high heels, or sneakers)
Candidates must possess the following: High school diploma or G.E.D., 18 years of age, valid social security number, legal authority to work in the United States, ability to pass drug-screen and background tests and a willingness to travel (this position may require traveling to specific sites). Some positions offer travel reimbursement, specifics would be discussed later in the interview process.
Field Event Managers/Tour Managers:
Campaigners is actively recruiting Field Event Managers/Tour Managers that LOVE to scrapbook/Papercraft and are available to travel to different cities to showcase their special scrapbooking skills!
Do you love teaching other scrapbookers the latest techniques and how to use the newest tools? Becoming a Field Event Manager/Tour Manager might be the perfect part-time job for you! Field Event Manager/Tour Managers need to have some talent in scrapbooking and they must also posses the skills to explain and demonstrate how to scrapbook. To succeed as a Field Event Manager/Tour Manager, you need excellent communication skills and the ability to talk in front of others confidently. You must also be able to sell, sell, sell our clients product as well as add-on peripherals (cartridges, scrapbooks, etc).
Job Responsibilities: (including but not limited to):
- Acts as primary field authority
- Placement and set-up/teardown of assets
- Provide leadership to field team in order to reach program goals
- Motivate and support team to execute without incident every time at every event
- Document the event via reporting and pictures
- On-site event coordination including event assets
- Responsible for event assets and maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring event runs smoothly and acts as the eyes and ears of the company
- Storage of assets between events
- Communicate event updates as required to Campaigners Management
- At least 5 years previous experience in managing events tours/retails events
- Previous experience scrapbooking (preferred)
- A thorough knowledge of principles of effective brand marketing, specifically mobile marketing.
- Proven experience in effective communications, consumer and client relations, and management
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Experience managing a team of associates and delegating tasks in order to achieve goals
- Clean driving record
- Organization and writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Time management and multi-task approach
- Ability to travel out to events – as needed
- Able to stand for entire shift
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Previous experience completing recaps, timecards, taking pictures, submitting expenses and troubleshooting on-site issues
Locations: Opportunities for both positions are available in the following locations:
US States of Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and West Virginia. A full list of US cities is available from email@example.com
Canadian Cities of Abbotsford, Ancaster, Barrie, Brandon, Calgary, Cambridge, Dartmouth, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Kelowna, Langley, Lethbridge, London, Markham, Medicine Hat, Nanaimo, Orleans, Oshawa, Ottawa, Prince George, Red Deer, Regina, Saskatoon, Sherwood Park, Sudbury, Victoria, Waterloo, Whitby, Windsor, Winnipeg.
Campaigners is a premiere field sales and marketing agency offering comprehensive marketing services for Tech Brands, CPG Brands, and Retailers. Campaigners is a division of Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC, one of the largest sales and marketing agencies in North America. ASM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity.
Click on the link at the top of the page to visit Craft Critique for comments, giveaways and more!