Every crafter needs a paper trimmer, and I am no exception. I recently was on the search for a trimmer that was lightweight enough to take with me when I travel, yet well made so that I could get nice straight cuts. A friend of mine recommend the Fiskars new Craft Premium Portable Paper Trimmer, and after trying it out I decided to upgrade. It is a big improvement over their previous models that I’ve owned.
There are other great features as well, such as a ruler extension that swings out and measures up to 15.25”, rubberized feet for stability, a “built-in paper clamp” that locks the cutting rail into place, and a bigger photo smudge protector on the cutting rail. One other upgrade that one will only be able to appraise over time is the “anti-wear veneer” which according to Fiskars website is made by printing on the underside of the deck of the paper trimmer so that the scale and grid never wear off.
- It’s lightweight and easy to use.
- It has a “cut-line indicator” so you can see where you will cut accurately cuts multiple sheets of paper.
- You can lock down the “paper clamp” on the paper, or to just keep the cutting rail from opening during transport.
- The bigger photo smudge protector can sometime make it hard to cut paper that’s narrower then 1-inch.
- A scoring blade does not come with this trimmer but may be purchased separately.
The Fiskars Premium Portable Paper Trimmer 12″is available at Amazon.com
What portable paper trimmer is your favorite? Leave us a comment and let us know!