Clearsnap Smooch

Reported by Jenny Chesnick

Clearsnap Smooch Ink is a unique blend of color, and has a pearlized effect. It comes in a liquid eyeliner-style bottle, with a wand brush applicator. Use to color in stamped images like you would with colored pencils or markers, free hand draw or journal, or simply tip the edges of your papers or embellishments with these thick-body inks. Perfect for use on paper, vellum, fabric, wood, clay, and so much more. Smooch is an acid-free and archival pigment ink. Fast-drying and permanent on most surfaces. Smooch comes in 31 colors, including a pearl transparent top coat.

One of my favorite ways to use Smooch is to color alphabets. Never again be stuck with mismatched Thickers and Alphas that don’t match your project. Smooch is a perfect solution! As I stated above you can use smooch just as you would a marker, ink, pens, pencils etc. Your imagination is your only limitation for what the product can do.

On this layout I used Siren Smooch on the raw chipboard alphas and chipboard pieces from Maya Road. It dries quickly and soaks into the chipboard, yet leaves the shimmer behind.

On these two cards I used Snickerdoodle Smooch (my very fav!) to color in the Prima White Canvas Alphas, add shimmer, and change the color to fit my project.

Can you tell I love these Alphas?

On this house I used Smooch in Molasses to cover the 7gypsies corner frames. It took much longer to dry to the touch, so be wise on metals!

Pros:

• Small in size, easy to store
  • Plenty of colors to chose from
  • Versatile and works on most surfaces
  • Just plain fun to play with!
  • Easy to find, even big box stores are starting to carry them

Cons:

• Price for .30oz bottle MSRP is 4.50
  • They need to have replacement caps for the wands that wear out
  • I wish they had different “finishes” to their colors, maybe in the future.

Clearsnap Smooch Accent Ink .33 Ounce (9ml), Pearlized Moonlight is available at Amazon.com

Here is a quick video as well I found online that shows you more about Smooch. So have you used Smooch? Are you an addict like I am? Show us your projects!

Disclosure

, , , , ,

6 Responses to Clearsnap Smooch

1. celticmystyc June 1, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

31 Colors?? That’s like 31 FLAVORS!! I’m at 17 and counting. I LOVE my SMOOCH’s and use where ever possible. You’re so right about the applicators. Also, if they’d print the color name onto the actual bottle would be nice, instead of the paper wrapper. Difficult if purchasing like colors or replacing an empty bottle and you’re missing exact names….

2. Gina Lee Kim June 1, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

I actually did a video a while back, mentioning this product. That’s what I love about clearsnap smooch, you can totally customize your embellishments to color-match your project!

3. janine June 1, 2010 at 6:37 pm #

Love working with Smooch inks! You’re right, they do cost plenty but it still hasn’t stopped me from getting 29 of them 🙂 It would also be nice, like you mentioned, if there were a way to replace the applicators.
    I also wish they printed the name of the ink on the bottle but my workaround for that is just carefully peeling the label name off and sticking it to the bottle. I noticed that right away with the first bottle I purchased and I knew there would be no way for me to remember the name.

Love working with these inks and how you can get into the bittiest of areas with the applicators. My favorite project that I did so far with them is a Hero Arts Cupcake stamp with tiny little hearts. I colored the hearts in with a few different colors of these inks, then Diamond Glazed them a touch to add a bit of dimension.

4. Melinda AKA medialady June 1, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

I had to opportunity to try this at a crop in the spring and I loved it! The gold is great for painting the center of flowers!

5. Amy June 2, 2010 at 4:00 am #

Thank you for this post. I bought a couple bottles of this a long time ago, but have never used them. Now I’ll have to try it!

6. broadwaydiva June 2, 2010 at 12:13 pm #

I like these but I have more cons than you listed. First, they don’t apply evenly out of the bottle and they dry very quickly. I wish the applicator was like a liquid liner for finer application. Then I could us it like an ink, and make delicate and even lines. The sponge head applicator doesn’t work well for me. The mixture also separates in the bottle and because of the design, it is hard to remix it even with a lot of shaking. To me, it is more like a mica paint than an ink both in the application and finish. That said, I like the colors and the finish of the applied product very much. I just can’t use it like I had hoped: as an ink I could write/draw with or spread on stamps or to accent mixed media work with fine detail.