Reported by Jenny Chesnick
So let’s be honest how many stamps do you own and never use? I am ashamed of my stash of stamps. I can truly count on two hands how many times I have used them. Recently I have been digital scrap-booking more and more. I stumbled across “digital stamping” from a friend and decided to do some detective work.
Digital stamps are black and white images you can download for free, or for purchase, from sites around the web. You use them just as you would traditional stamps. You can manipulate them, color them, flip them and print them over and over, without the bulk of storage! Once printed you can embellish them much as you would traditional stamps. Copic Markers are all the rage in stamping and can be used for these stamps as well! If you have any knowledge of PhotoShop or Microsoft word these stamps can be manipulated in layers to create one of a kind stamps.
I search high and low around the inter-web to find free stamps, software tips, videos and the like to share.
Free Digital Stamp sites:
- Relatively cheap and or FREE!
- Easy to store
- Instant satisfaction of delivery plus no shipping!
- Images can be manipulated and used over and over
- No “stamp”
- You must be techno savvy
- Limited in what you can print the images on
- Techniques can be a challenge (you can’t really heat emboss a digital stamp)
- You must pay attention to commercial licensing if you want to use for your own commercial use.
- Cost of computer ink verse traditional stamping ink
So are you a digital scrapper or stamper? Link up your favorite FREE sites for everyone to enjoy!