CHA- Tools: Provocraft Cricut Imagine

So here she is folks, the newest addition to the Cricut family, the Cricut Imagine by Provocraft:

And here’s a demo with Christy from Provocraft that will show you all the cool features of this new machine that cuts and prints:

This machine will allow consumers to create their own unique embellishments and projects with the press of a button.  You can choose your colors and patterns from the ones provided on cartridges, or you can enter the RGB code of your favorite color.

Here’s a look at some of the projects created with the Cricut Imagine:

This machine uses two ink cartridges, one black (MSRP $34.99 ) and one tricolor (MSRP $39.99).  But you can print on your own paper, cardstock or even vinyl.  The MSRP on the machine is $599 and will debut on HSN on September 14th.

What do you think about the new Cricut Imagine?  Will it be making its way on to your Christmas list this year?

, , , , , ,

22 Responses to CHA- Tools: Provocraft Cricut Imagine

pattywagan August 4, 2010 at 7:48 am #

I wish I could put it on my list but I just bought the expression machine… dang it!

craftymom205 August 4, 2010 at 8:09 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

craftymom205 August 4, 2010 at 8:10 am #

I won’t be purchasing the cricut image. It is too expensive as are the replacement ink cartridges. I will stick with my cricut expression.

ScrappinCntryGrl August 4, 2010 at 8:37 am #

I would love to put it on my christmas list, but with the economy down and job insecurity, Santa will not deliver to my tree. The price is a little high and I understand why, I love Provo craft too, maybe I will win it..lol

Sandy O August 4, 2010 at 9:00 am #

WOW, wish I had the $…maybe for Christmas, LOL

RosieP August 4, 2010 at 9:23 am #

I’m really impressed with the new functionality of the Imagine. I’d love to have the $ to buy it, but I don’t…yet. I’d also like to wait and see what, if any, problems new users might have with it. I know the Gypsy wasn’t bug-free when it first debuted so I can’t help but wonder if the Imagine might need some tweaking, too.

Erika M. August 4, 2010 at 9:56 am #

It’s really neat but I can’t afford another machine right now – we should have a swap and trade in program!

Jude August 4, 2010 at 11:18 am #

It looks like a lot of fun, but I’m pretty sure I couldn’t justify the cost. I don’t think it is priced too high – it does a lot, but I just don’t think I’d personally use it enough for it to be worth it.

Still, it sure would be fun!

Donna August 4, 2010 at 11:35 am #

I’d love to have one of these but the price is a bit over my head. I could add it to my Christmas list but I doubt that Santa has deep enough pockets for me to receive it!

Jan Castle August 4, 2010 at 12:22 pm #

Thankfully, you can use the Cricut cartridges already purchased with the “Imagine”………..sooooo, it certainly is going to be a possible choice for my wish list!

Bev T. August 4, 2010 at 12:28 pm #

WOW!! What an awesome tool — I sure would love to have one but I doubt Santa will have enough cash to buy me one — Oh, well, I can dream about it under my tree!!!!!

sucor August 4, 2010 at 2:03 pm #

I would love to have the Cricut Image! Since I do crafts of all kinds, it would get lots of use. Even if the price may be fair, it is too much for my budget.

Beach card crafter August 4, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

$599.00 plus the cost of the cartridges will be cost prohibitive for a lot of people in today’s economy. Personally, I just cannot justify the cost when there are computer applications which can basically do the same thing. I have a $300.00 plus Expression bundle as do several friends and members of my family. We seldom use it for card making. We all would love to see Provo Craft do more with Cuttlebug embossing folders as well as make an electric Cuttlebug.

Prairie Scrapbooking August 4, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Nope…way too expensive. I have a silhouette and wouldn’t trade it for anything. I won’t go back to a cartridge based machine ever!

julie August 4, 2010 at 2:27 pm #

yikes! i was waiting to buy a cutting machine until they became more functional and more reasonably priced. if the cartridges print a comparable number of pages as regular printers this one qualifies for more functional, but $600 for just the machine is way out of the range that i would pay for a cutting machine that i would only use a few times a month. sure looks like fun though.

GrammaR August 4, 2010 at 4:53 pm #

Love my expression and would love to have the imagine under my tree. however, santa won’t have enough in his account for it.

Our Little Inspirations August 4, 2010 at 6:08 pm #

The only way I’ll ever own one of these is if I win one! Much too expensive for my taste, although it’s a fabulous machine!!

Chris Wooten August 4, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

I am hoping to win it here. Like others I have just started using the expression in Feb of this year. check out my blog and click older projects. The first 24 are made with my 10 yr old granddaughter that I am raising. If I win this, then grandma will be able to use the cricut more, lol.

She keeps her busy and grandma can not get her hands on her. That’s ok, she has fun doing it.

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Would love to have you become my friend on my blog.

Julie Campbell August 4, 2010 at 10:10 pm #

Oooh! This looks much cooler than I had imagined. BUT… I still can’t imagine paying that much for one. Yikes!

Jen August 5, 2010 at 1:16 am #

It is a pretty amazing machine and is a big step up from their previous cricuts but I agree with a lot of the previous comments that $600 (and that is US- I can only shudder at what it would be in AUS dollars!) is VERY expensive for something that still needs ongoing consumables. Besides, I would end up buying the kits of collections that I love still anyway. Thanks for the demo though, it is always neat to see what shiny new stuff is being released.

Cathy T August 5, 2010 at 10:55 am #

I LOVE IT! I saw it in action at CHA and its going to revolutionize the papercrafting industry. Its definitely on my wish list! It will be a nice companion to my other PC products.

Anonymous November 9, 2010 at 8:06 pm #

I ordered it from HSN and really tried to like it…but I just was not happy with the color or the operation on the machine. I think Provo craft released this one too soon. Too many bugs. For the price, it was just not the quality I expected from Provocraft. Fortunately, I was able to return the machine for a full refund. Thank you HSN! I love my expression!