Reported by Peggy Marsh
Do you like to be organized? I do.. I like to know where everything is when I need it. Does that mean my work area is always neat and tidy… a big resounding NO! However, I’m always on the hunt for things that help me keep my craft grotto very organized. And when it’s clean-up time, everything has a place.
I happened upon Clip-It-Up (manufactured by Simply Renee) at my local scrapbook store. I was a bit skeptical of it’s size… was I willing to give up that much counterspace to house this unit? What would I gain?
Well, being the visual person I am, and thinking this could be a good solution for all those little things I collect, I thought I’d give it a try. After all, I could easily see all of my special embellishments if they were sitting within eyeshot on top of my craft table. Maybe I wouldn’t buy duplicates and use the stuff I have if I really knew what I had on hand (you never do that, right?). Geez… that in itself could pay for the Clip-It-Up.
Once home, I quickly assembled both the base unit and upper units (sold separately). I emptied a 7-drawer storage cabinet and housed everything on my carousel. This was going to be great, so I wandered back to the scrapbook store the next day to buy more clips.
I did have several clips that were broken in the box that I purchased. But with a call to Renee’s Customer Service Department, these were quickly replaced and in my hands within just a few days. Customer Service was a pleasure to work with.
And here’s my unit… I still have lots of room left for more craft supplies…
- Clip-It-Up is a unique visual solution for organizing and storing all types of craft supplies (think sewing supplies, quilt fabrics like fat quarters, scrapbook and card embellishments).
- This system eliminates the hassle of searching for things stored away in boxes, containers, drawers.
- Supplies can be sorted and arranged by type (florals, seasons, holidays, etc.).
- Storage stand features a circular design with a rotating metal ring.
- The base and upper tier each come with metal swivel clips that hold craft supplies.
- Includes section tabs (heavy-duty black vinyl) with do-it-yourself labels.
- The top has an easy-to-carry handle.
- Simply Renee has excellent customer service.
- Very easy to assemble both the base and upper units. Total assembly time took less than 10 minutes.
- Several of the clips included were broken and mangled and couldn’t be used.
- Extra clips are pricey (retails for $8.00 for 25 clips)
- More clips with the purchase of the carousel would be desirable.
What do you use for your embellishment organization? Leave us a comment and let us know!
Latest posts by CC Contributor (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Diorama Tutorial - October 28, 2016