Reported by Peggy Marsh
It has to have been over twenty years since I created a project with Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay. So, when the opportunity to review Sculpey’s Fashion Bead Watch Kit popped up, I had to jump on the chance.
- Simple, easy-to-use tools are needed to create this project, all of which are included.
- Quick project from start to finish. No ‘drying’ time needed and ready for assembly once it’s cool.
- Bead shapes are limitless.
- The final project is very lightweight, and quite comfortable to wear. My piece is approximately 7 1/2″ long allowing a ‘bracelet’ type of fit on my wrist.
- There’s plenty of clay in the kit.. enough to make a few extra beads for coordinating pieces.
- The project colors are limited by those in the kit.
- Where knotted, the elastic cord was difficult to hide inside the bead in the assembly process.
- Spacer beads would be nice to have included with the kit.
- Even with diligence, white clay can easily pick up tones of other colors in the kit, especially the deep color of the rust clay. It’s not really noticeable in these pics.
Polyform is generously giving away one of these great Jewelry Clay kits to a lucky reader!
Leave a comment on this post and answer one or all of these questions…
Have you ever made your own jewelry? Do you ever craft with clay? Why or why not?
You have until Sunday, October 10th 6pm CST to enter. One entry per person, please.