With 3-D flowers such a hot ticket in the card-making and paper world, and paper quilling making its way to cards and paper crafts, here’s some fairly new products that I had to investigate. Cuttlebug Quilling Kits!
Each kits include: 1 quilling pen, 4 cutting dies, 10 floral wires, a laminated instruction sheet and even a flower sample. For my review, I focused on the daisy kit.
For those of you who are quilling enthusiasts…what a great addition to your craft supplies! For those who haven’t ventured into quilling yet, this is definitely worth trying.
- Custom make flowers and foliage to match card stock and designer papers to your handmade projects.
- A fast alternative to making hand-cut pieces to create your own type of flowers.
- In my opinion, adds more than a silk flower to paper projects.
- Available at local scrapbook stores. I haven’t seen these in large craft hobby shops yet.
- Instructions aren’t very clear about the number of strips to cut and use to create the petal portion of the flower.
- Instructions should explain the need to stagger the petals before rolling.
- One of the dies is almost the exact size of a piece of cardstock at 8 7/16″ making it hard to fit the paper. You could use a 12″x12″ piece of paper, though.
- Retails for $24.99 for each set – a little pricey in my opinion.
- To cut through cardstock, I had to add several cardboard shims to cut through the paper.
- Must be used in conjunction with an embossing machine.
Give it a try… it’s a fun tool to work with!