Reported By: Morgan Novak
I fell in love with the Clip it Up! by Simply Renee back when it first came out and quickly bought the Base Unit and Upper Tier and loaded them up. Over the next few months I realized that, although I’ve seen people store all manner of cool things on the shorter Upper Tier, it didn’t really work for my own personal storage needs
because what I wanted stored on the Clip It Up! most was my Thickers and other large title alphabets. I ended up buying a second Base Unit and that was working out pretty well for me, other than the large footprint two Clip It Up’s have.
Then, lo and behold, I found this little beauty on the internet!
I was thrilled! Because I had kept my discarded Upper Tier in the back of my craft room closet I would be able to bring it back out and extend it to the same height as the Base Unit!
Needless to say, as soon as the package arrived I ripped right into it and got ready to re-assemble my Clip It Up! When you open the box you will find; a 6″ extension pole for your Upper Tier and a replacement pole for the bottom of your Base Unit. This replacement pole has a wider base so your Clip It up! can support the extra height without wobbling.
I couldn’t believe that there were just 2 pieces, and therefore just 2 easy steps necessary to customize your Clip It Up! The instructions are on the side of the box.
It only took me about 5 minutes to re-assemble the new version and in the end, both my upper and lower tiers were the same height, enabling me to have two levels of Thickers and alphabets (yes, I am aware that I have a Thickers problem). Here is what my desk space looked like before and after I used the Upper Tier Extension Kit, along with one of my old Upper Tiers.
- Allows you to store two Base Units worth of supplies in the space taken up by only one Base Unit.
- Assembly was super quick & easy.
- Enables you to easily store more of your longer craft supplies.
- Can be used to store just about any type of craft supplies.
- Even with the new broad base pole the unit is still a little shaky, but nothing unmanageable.
- The Extension Kit ($20), along with the Base Unit ($65) & Upper Tier ($38), are a little pricey but easy to find on sale.
The Clip It Up! Extension Kit from Simply Renee for Simple Solutions is available for purchase directly from their website for $20.
I totally love how much space this simple little Extension Kit has opened up for me (about 2 feet) and how drool-worthy my alphabets look in two layers! yum! It’s clear that I personally have a Thickers addiction, but what would you use the extra height to store?
Click on the link at the top of the page to visit Craft Critique for comments, giveaways and more!
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by CC Contributor (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Diorama Tutorial - October 28, 2016