Reported by Erika Martin
Have you ever been at the mercy of your hot glue gun cord? I can’t count how many times I’ve swiped things off the table with the cord, couldn’t reach what I was doing, the cord wasn’t long enough to sit on top of the table because the outlet was JUST out of reach….or I’ve been teaching a class and have to set up stations around the room (away from our workspace) for people to use hot glue guns. There’s good news for us crafters!
- It’s cordless!
- Uses 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Lighted nozzle for easy application
- Ergonomic design
- Uses standard mini glue sticks (4″ x 0.28″ / 10 cm x .7 cm)
- Hanging Monograms for my bedroom
- Altered CD mini book
- Jumbo paper clip bookmark
I’m so used to having a cord on my glue guns and the whole way through my projects, I kept thinking I needed to push a cord away or that I had to hold the gun in a way so as not to have the cord in the way. it’s so freeing to be able to not have to worry about that. I’m sure I’ll get used to that soon enough. *wink*
I used some of the ribbon from the same collection to make a hanger for my letters and used the i-bond to attach them.
The i-bond is great for attaching embellishments to all sorts of projects. I used it to attach my silk flowers to my letters.
My second project was an altered CD mini book. I used a bunch of old CDs to create the “pages” of my book. They are sturdy and hold up really well for an album that’s going to get a lot of handling. I tried using the glue gun to attach the Garden Party paper to my first CD, but it created some bulky lines underneath the paper and I didn’t really care for the way it turned out, so I ditched that CD.
On the inside pages of the mini book, I used some of the die cuts from the Garden Party collection to decorate the pages, but I thought it would be fun to give them a little bit of height and dimension, so I applied some glue with the i-bond and when I adhered them to the pages of the book, I got JUST the look I was going for.
- Great price point for a heavy-duty glue gun
- CORDLESS!!! WOOHOO!
- Battery operated
- Handy-dandy lighted nozzle
- Uses mini glue sticks which are easily accessible – even the hardware story carries them!
- Has a metal stand to rest on in between use
- Not a high-temp gun so if you’re looking to do projects requiring high-temp glue, the i-bond isn’t it
- Not quite sure if this is a con yet, but the new batteries I put in ran out in an hour’s time – I’ll have to run the gun through a few sets of different brand batteries to find out if this is a matter of the gun using the batteries quickly or if it’s a matter of what brand batteries are used
Want to win this great product? Our friends at Imaginisce are giving away an iBond Cordless Glue Gun to one lucky reader. To win, just leave a comment on this blog answering any or all of these questions, we love to hear your opinions!
How about you? Have you tried out the new i-bond Cordless Hot Glue Gun yet? What’s would be your favorite feature if you haven’t?
You have until Friday, February 18th at 6pm CST to comment.