Reported by Erika Martin
- A 14.6” x 11.5” mat
- 3 Finger caps in two sizes
- Press Wand
I decided to go hard core with the glue. I was very generous with the hot glue gun and piped a big long line of it onto the mat and let it cool down.
I then took the paddle that comes in the kit and scraped it right off with hardly any effort at all.
Even though nothing sticks to the mat, it does tend to attract dust and lint, but a quick wipe-down with a damp cloth keeps it clean.
The finger caps are my all-time favorite item from the Hot Glue Gun Helpers. There are three caps (2 sizes) and they are heat-resistant safe up to 600 degrees F. Not that I would ever find myself in a position where I would be using something THAT hot, but that claim made it easy for me to put them on and try them out without hesitation.
As I was working on a project with the i-bond Cordless Glue Gun, I tried out the caps when I was gluing a ribbon onto the back of a monogram I decorated for my bedroom. I couldn’t even feel the heat come through the cap.
The glue slid right off the Wand when I was done.
I found that the tweezers are also a plus when trying to apply a small amount of hot glue to VERY small embellishments such as the flat-backed beads. I squeezed a very small amount of glue out of the glue gun and applied it to my beads by holding them up to the nozzle with the tweezers.
I then adhered the beads to the front of a felt-covered journal that I made with the tweezers to guide the placement. My fingers were saved from getting burned and I didn’t have to worry about fumbling about with such a small embellishment.
- Finger caps are heat resistant and safe up to 600 degrees F, protect fingers when pressing hot glue, non-stick surface
- Tweezers have non-slip, non-stick and heat resistant tips
- Press Wand is great for smearing glue, rolling and smoothing paper while gluing
- Paddle has a soft-edge tip so it doesn’t press delicate embellishments, great for “cutting off” those pesky “stringy-thingies” when pulling your glue gun away from your project
- Mat is stain resistant and non-stick, protects work surface with a convenient size of 14.6” x 11.5″, great place to rest your glue gun, fast and easy water & soap clean up
- The finger caps (“thimbles”), while they do come in two sizes, may not fit on particularly larger fingers.
- The mat tends to accumulate lint quickly, especially on the black decal, but a quick wipe-down with a damp cloth cleans it off nicely.
What’s your favorite feature of the Hot Glue Gun Helpers? Is this a product you would buy? Why or why not?
You have until Friday, February 25, 2011 at 10 pm CST to enter. One comment per person, per article, please.
Latest posts by CC Contributor (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Diorama Tutorial - October 28, 2016