CHA Summer 2011 | ProvoCraft Cricut Mini and More

The newest member of the Cricut family is the Cricut Mini. Provocraft’s Cricut Mini is a small, lightweight, ultra-portable way to make almost anything you want – out of many different types of materials, including thick and thin paper, fabric, vinyl, magnetic material, craft foil, and lots more. With Cricut Mini, it’s easier than ever to make projects and be more creative!

This small, portable, and lightweight machine is a great space saver. It works with any computer PC or Mac with a standard wireless or wired Internet connection. Simply plug it in, turn it on, connect to Cricut Craft Room – the online design tool where you can see and design with every Cricut cartridge – and start making projects. It cuts up to 8.5” x 12” paper and other materials. Cut small shapes and fonts from ¼” to larger cuts up to 11½”.
Here’s a little video walk through of this hot new little machine…

Also in the Provocraft booth at the show was Jinger leading attendees through Cricut classes right on the showroom floor.

There are also plenty of new cartridges for your Cricut machines, like these boxes. Extremely cute!

Plus, there are cupcake inserts. Anything that is cupcake compatible is good in my book.

Plus cool new flower cartridges.

And a really cute new cartridge for the Cricut Imagine that will please your little pirates:

And if you are a fan of space (and who isn’t?!), you’re in luck with robots, space ships, and planets in this new cartridge.

And a gorgeous frame cartridge that is sophisticated and delicate.

So, what do you think of what ProvoCraft has in store for you? What do you think of the new Cricut Mini? What cartridges do you hope they come out with next?

, , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to CHA Summer 2011 | ProvoCraft Cricut Mini and More

Toucan Scraps July 20, 2011 at 7:11 am #

I’m thinking it looks like a great idea, but it’s a shame that you have to be connected to the internet in order to be able to use it.

Regina aka Mrs. Ham July 20, 2011 at 7:30 am #

I’m a huge fan of ProvoCraft and Cricut. This mini Cricut looks fabulous. I would love to see a cartrigde that has Greek letter, and a Letterman Font.

Strider Mccleod July 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

Finally a cheap little paper cutter.
    My wife doesn’t go to crops so she will be ok with hooking it up to the computer.

Linda E July 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm #

Looks fabulous. I love that it can cut an 8.5 x 12. I just love my Cricut and the mini may leave me wanting a new one! Hope they come up wit some more word and phrase cartridges!

Celia July 20, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

The Cricut has never interested me. The new Mini has me rethinking that. I would be very interested in how it works & what you can get on the internet

Celia

orfanannie July 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm #

I think I’ll pass on the mini, although I can see application for many users. I already have the original Expressions and the Cake, so I’m good for hardware! On the other hand…love the cake box with the cupcake holder inside. As a cupcake maker, I’m always looking for new presentations! And I love the frame cartridge, too. They’re definitely on my “plan to buy” list!

Queen of Beaverton July 20, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

But….can we all access CCR yet???

Kayla and Samuel July 20, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

Oh, I have been VERY close to purchasing a Silhouette, I may have to reconsider. The frame cartridge is spectacular, and the shoes, how clever! Back to more study and comparison between what to buy…

gardener July 20, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

love the lacey frames. Yum!

scrapdiva July 20, 2011 at 6:27 pm #

love it, much more possibilities, is the craftroom going to be available soon?

Tam July 20, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

I think it sucks! The machines they already have out don’t work right and/or don’t do what they said they’ll do. THis one you can’t even use without the internet?? Are you kidding me?? SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE – GET A NICER MACHINE! I do have a cricut and I like it but I would give this one a thumbs down!

Anonymous July 20, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

8.5″ cutting width, people. I have a silhouette SD and it also has an 8.5″ cutting width and trust me, it’s a huge disappointment.

Anonymous July 21, 2011 at 5:52 am #

I’ll pass. CCR still isn’t open to all of us, so what use is this machine? PC needs to get their house in order.

Crafty Momma July 21, 2011 at 10:02 am #

with people not being able to get into the CCR now and all of the problems with the inspiration and E2 why on earth would anyone want another PC cutter? When is PC going to fix the problems with the machines they have already produced before they put out yet another flawed machine? WHy buy this when the SIL works so much better with no limitations and for half a lot less. Plus it does print and cut! PC needs to rethink their products and do some damage controle before they make yet another bad product. I have my E and thats the only and last cricut machine I’ll ever buy.

Kris -n- Bailey July 21, 2011 at 11:29 am #

A great idea. I travel all the time to crops and hate to take my expression, because it is so big and expensive. I always design with my gypsy so this new cricut is ideal, low cost, and easy to travel with. I don’t know how well it will do at crops where there is no internet to access Design studio on line.
    To only have to take my gypsy and this small cricut is a dream come true. I often wonder how I got by before my gypsy and I can see I will shortly wonder how I use to go to crops without a mini cricut! Yaa for Provo craft.

Lindsey July 21, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

When will this come out? MUST…HAVE…

jd July 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

I think Provo Craft has great products, but I am very disappointed that I still can’t get into the Cricut Craftroom. I am getting tired of waiting. I wish they would get that product ready before they put other products out there. Very Frustrated!

aloha37 July 22, 2011 at 2:01 pm #

I love the idea of this machine. I would really love to check it out and see if it would make things easier for me. Would love the chance to try it out and review it for PC. Hint, Hint! Love my expession. Its just so big to take places.

KRT July 22, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

I would love to try using the new Cricut Mini cutter for quilt projects. I’ve got tons of ideas I want to try!!!

Anonymous July 28, 2011 at 10:38 am #

ProvoCraft, WAKE UP! Why not fix the wrinkles in the Craft Room and figure out how to make those of us who bought the Cake and the Imagine happy. HINT: It is NOT making us happy to see rising prices on cartrdiges and Craft Room we can’t access! Clean your house: get people on-board who KNOW how to make a product (my 2 Expressions can’t cut a true circle…?! – PATHETIC!). Why not attempt to ake ammends with those of us who HAVE supported you before reeling in new customers?

I will NOT be wasting my money on THIS; something tells me the “compact” size is a disguise for it’s limitations.