CHA Summer 2011: Copic Markers

Copic Markers have quickly become the alcohol marker of choice or rubber stampers and scrapbookers alike. Here at CHA, it was nice to see all 346 colors up close.

Plus, it is nice to see designers like Colleen Schaan working with the markers and getting some of her pro tips.

Coloring enthusiasts are going to love the new Shadows and Shading by Marianne Walker. This beginners guide will explain light placement and includes guides as well.

Copic also works with their air brushing systems.

Marianne Walker was there to show us how easy it is to use with the markers.

These atyou Spica Glitter Pens are a great way to add a little bling to any project. They come in 24 colors and feature a no-clog nib.

The biggest news at the show is the introduction of Copic’s new website, Copic Color. Copic Color is a community for people who love Copic markers. This new website allows people to keep track of the markers they have and want, create custom color palettes to share with their friends, post artwork made with Copic Markers, find Copic Marker dealers carrying the colors they want, and best of all it is optimized for mobile devices.

And if that wasn’t enough, here is some of the great samples featured in the Copic booth.

Are you a Copic fanatic? What do you love about them? And what do you think about the new Copic Color? We would love to know!

, , , , , ,

14 Responses to CHA Summer 2011: Copic Markers

1. Renee July 21, 2011 at 11:07 am #

Beautiful work!! I would love to learn more about Copic markers! Thanks!!

2. Tona July 21, 2011 at 11:22 am #

I have just started using copics & love them. I would really like to learn more about them too.

3. Kim July 21, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

LOVe them!! I only have a few but love that I can blend with them to make the perfect looking face!

4. Tambo July 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

I love Copics! I love that you can blend them. I just registered on the Copic Color site.I like that you can keep track of the markers you own, which ones you want and post pictures, tfs Tami

tambo1010atcomcastdotnet

Tambo’s Creations

5. Caroline July 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

Love my Copics! Beautiful display cards shown… thanks!

6. Celia July 21, 2011 at 4:30 pm #

Copic markers are wonderful. The new web site has so much information
    There are lots of sites giving lessons on how to use copics. They are not expensive. Search the web for Copic classes.
    Celia

7. Kathy July 21, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

I have some of these wonderful markers but need to learn how to use them. So I am excited about the new web site!

8. Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor July 21, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

Man I dream of having a wall of Copic Markers like that! 346 colors… almost a color for every day!

9. Kayla and Samuel July 21, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

I hadn’t ever heard of them before today. I love the array of colors and I will most likely be purchasing the Spica Glitter Pens shortly along with many others. The quality is just out of this world! Thanks!!

10. Anonymous July 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

I love seeing the actual markers displayed like this, I wish I could blow this up, because now I can see which reds are actually the ones I want, and find it difficult in most scanned charts. They look so awesome, I want them all…haha! bluemoonbynite at yahoo dot com

11. Chris Wooten July 21, 2011 at 9:21 pm #

Have not tried any of those products in this post..look cool

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com
    Chris

12. Jan Castle July 21, 2011 at 11:35 pm #

LOVE my COPICS!!!!! I keep my list of Copics in an EXCEL spread sheet list on my computer, as well as on my phone so I always have it with me! I just write ‘R’ beside the number and name of the marker to let me know I have the refill. Will check out the new site.
    Jan Castle

13. Peggy July 22, 2011 at 1:26 am #

I have not used Copics because of their availability here and the price. I watch tutorials and think all the shades of color are super!

14. Aeryn Kelly-Reitmeyer July 22, 2011 at 11:07 am #

I have all 346 and I LOVE them. If you have them, and love them, do check out a Certification class near you. I’m certified and I was lucky enough to have Marianne Walker as my teacher, such fun and very informative. The array of things you can do with these markers is incredible. I use at least one on every layout or card I make.