CHA Summer 2011 | Silhouette America

With the long list of electronic die cutting machines on the market, it takes something truly amazing to grab people’s attention these days. Well, Silhouette America may have done just that. Like the Silhouette SD, their new Silhouette Cameo offers the ability to cut a wide variety of media from cardstock to fabric, create and cut your own designs, and use all your existing fonts. Oh and did I mention it is 12″ wide!?! This new machine will not be available until October and will be $299.99 MSRP.

Their new Fabric inks kits come with everything you need to get started inking up fabrics and clothes. The inks are also sold separately and come in ten colors. They can be mixed to create different shades and colors as well.

They’ve also added some colors to their existing palette of colors available in their premium and adhesive vinyls.

And their Heat Transfer kit makes transferring your images to clothing so simple. They have flocked as well as smooth materials sold separately. There’s even a printable heat transfer material!
We can’t wait to put this new machine to the Craft Critique test. What are your first impressions? Might this replace your current machine? Do you use their other materials like vinyl or heat transfer?

, , , , , ,

14 Responses to CHA Summer 2011 | Silhouette America

Karen (TLgirl353) July 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

I have the original Cricut, but I think you may be enabling, with this new one that will be reviewed-can’t wait!

Cari D. Cruse July 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

I’ve had my finger on the “BUY” button for the Silhouette SD all summer, & boy am I glad I held off! Love that they’ve gone to the bigger format. The only thing missing from this is embossing, which I would love to see become part of the Silhouette! 🙂

Melissa M July 24, 2011 at 2:24 pm #

I have been eagerly hoping the Silhouette to come out with an electronic cutter that is able to cut 12″. Now I just want to see what it can cut!!! Hopefully it has the powere to cut lightweight chipboard at least!!! And the price seems reasonable!!!

gobarb26 July 24, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

I have been craving a Silhouette machine for a couple of years now, (ever since I bought my Cricut). At the time, it was too expensive and I really did not know too much about it. This new Silhouette America looks like it will be terrific and I will need to start dropping hints like crazy!

funkycrafter July 24, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

have just recently decided to look at die cutting machines and had decided on the silhouette. had to have a machine that would let me cut my own designs. was waiting to see what they offered at cha before buying. they certainly made it worth my wait.

fiverancks July 24, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

I love all of your CHA coverage! you’re doing a fantastic job. Your critiques are very informative! Thank you.

Jill July 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm #

Ditto the “finger on the button all summer” and other comments. Have seen fabulous things a friend makes with hers and have been watching recent sales. Sometimes procrastinators come out ahead. So happy to hear they finally woke up and moved to 12″

Yvonne July 24, 2011 at 7:39 pm #

Hi,

That Silhouette Cameo is just the ticket. I want an electronic die cut machine but I want to be able to cut 12″ and not be tied into buying image cartridges. Me Like!!

Lisa Mala6 July 24, 2011 at 10:14 pm #

I love my sd silhouette. I can not wait to see the cameo. Sounds like it would be a great toy to have.

catnap July 24, 2011 at 10:20 pm #

Looks like it does all sorts of neat things. I could see someone buying this to use to make items to sell, online or at fairs, etc. Maybe someday I’ll do that. Till then, the price is way, way out of my range for a hobby toy. That said, it looks like it’s a really well thought out machine with lots of creative possibilities. Thanks for the ongoing thoughtful reviews

Bev July 24, 2011 at 11:47 pm #

I have only recently purchased my Silhouette SD and am still actually working on figuring it all out. Waiting for the 12″ model could perhaps have been a Good Idea but I had spent Literally Months on researching them all and after a friend bought hers I was sold and went ahead with my Purchase. As long as all the Add-Ons they make will still work with the Machine I have then I’ll remain happy. Thanks as always for your great reviews…….

Annette July 25, 2011 at 9:23 am #

love that fabric ink…thanks for sharing

Kayla and Samuel July 25, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

I’ve been waiting for the “perfect machine,” I think this is it! I liked the Silhouette and was ready to buy, and now it’s even better! Thanks for your great reviews!

Unknown July 26, 2011 at 5:35 pm #

Wow – that fabric ink looks like lots of fun !
    Danita