So I tried again, this time using Versamark to stamp with. I got better coverage with the powder:
My results were better this time.
I paired these glittering stars with American Crafts Margarita paper and some fun Iguana Varnish Thickers all on a slightly textured piece of blue American Crafts cardstock.
- Did not take long to heat up or to melt the embossing powder
- Cute pink color
- Tabletop stand
- Pink plastic safety guard around the heat nozzle
- Airflow was too strong and blew quite a bit of the powder off before it could melt it
- Very noisy, which would be a problem if filming a tutorial
- I would prefer a tool with a smaller size
edited to add:
Our friends at American Crafts have provided a prize pack for one of our lucky readers! Just leave a comment on this post answering the following questions to be entered:
Have you tried the Zap Heat Tool? What did you think? If not, what are you looking for in a heat tool?
One comment per person, per American Crafts’ article, please. Contest will end on Saturday August 13, 2011.