Vendor Spotlight: The World’s Smallest Post Service from Chronicle Books

Reported by Julie Tiu

Image from Chronicle Books

Let’s face it, the art of writing letters is somewhat lost these days with e-mail and video chatting… and well, it’s an art. But, this kit makes it super easy and adorable! A letter from you, from The World’s Smallest Post Service, is sure to please! This awesome little kit is so full of cuteness from the smart packaging to the teeny newspaper for wrapping up small gifts.

Here’s how it started:

World’s Smallest Post Service (WSPS) from Leafcutter Designs on Vimeo.
If this doesn’t whet your appetite for Lilliputian letters, I don’t know what will.

So, when you get your kit, you’ll find everything you need for your more-than-petite-sized projects including an instruction sheet. Yes, instructions. They’re not so much for writing content but tips for making the most of your tiny writing endeavors. The first helpful tidbit is “practice writing as small as you can…” (My daughter and I practiced a few lines.)

If you’re trying to figure out just how small these letters can be, try imagining an envelope the size of a penny. The pen that comes with the kit has a very small tip (.02). Handy, but I also had a little trouble with the ink sort of feathering out on the paper. It wasn’t really that bad, but just something to get used to with pen pressure.

The kids were fascinated with the magnifying glass and tiny stickers (postal stamps).

I also wrote a tiny note to the creator of this fun kit. I plan on sending it in a regular envelope.

If you’re looking to send a tiny package, this kit includes enough material to make four lovely little gifts. Look at this newspaper! Real stories, real features and even horoscopes.

It’s hard not to smile if you’re presented with a gift like this:

All the materials are of good quality. I mention this because the kraft paper is real kraft paper, not thin paper bag. It was actually tricky to wrap the box! (And I’m one for crisp lines and nice ends.)

It’s so cute, I can hardly stand it… if you’re into sending good thoughts, surprising your friends with lovely little trinkets, The World’s Smallest Post is for you.

Pros:

• Enough for 40 letters.
  • Well-thought supplies.
  • BONUS craft included. I don’t want to spoil it for you.

Cons:

• There are only enough supplies for four packages. Choose your recipients wisely.
  • Would be nice to have extra magnifying glasses to send in the packages.
  • A smaller nib pen would also be helpful.

The kit retails between $18 and $23 and is available at bookstores and online.

Disclosure

Do you have some special people in your life who would love a teensy treat in the mail? What would you use the packaging for? Tell us in the comments!

, , , ,

11 Responses to Vendor Spotlight: The World’s Smallest Post Service from Chronicle Books

Affordable Medical Insurance August 25, 2011 at 9:08 am #

CUTENESS!

{VICKI} August 25, 2011 at 10:41 am #

OMG!
    How cute
    Yes, I have 4 people I would love to sent a package too!

Deb August 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

This is so cute. I would use these to send special messages to my daughter and 2 grandsons.
    Then after they received it, I would make a scrapbook page for them with their special messages and photos.

Kathy August 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

I’m not sure my vision would support my trying this now, but I know that as a young girl and teenager I would have found this fascinating!

McStamper August 25, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

OMG! I have always been crazy about miniatures – this is just too cute.

Lysa August 25, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

LOVE IT!! How cute are those little letters. I am just not sure I would buy the kit because I think we could easily recreate the contents. Thanks for the review

Anonymous August 25, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

What is there about miniatures that is so fascinating?! This is the cutest! Don’t know if it is still there are not but there used to be little store in Mexico City where only miniatures were sold–and the store itself was mini! One of the cutest Mexican folk crafts is little scenes created in walnut shell halves–there are many others.

Gail August 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

This is so cute!
    It would be neat to add to cards & scrapbook pages!
    My mom would get a kick out of this!

construction_julie August 27, 2011 at 11:46 am #

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! Miniatures are so fascinating… aren’t they? I could imagine they might be fun as a party invitation or party favor/thank you! Keep the comments comin’… have a great day!

Toucan Scraps August 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm #

oh how cute!

search engine marketing August 31, 2011 at 1:55 am #

This was a very well-written and enjoyable post to read. I like the way you describe all the things and the examples. Looking forward to reading your next post.