Reported by Christina Hammond
If you are a crafter of any kind, undoubtedly, you have a stash of glitter. Glitter makes everything better, no?
I, honestly, have so much glitter that I have to hide it from my glitter-phobic husband. I have glitter stashed in so many places, I often forget what I have and just go buy more. The different kinds of glitter out there are amazing, too. There are shiny glitters, glass glitters, matte glitters, fine glitters and chunkier glitters… and the colors? OH MY!
I thought I had seen it all until I got a selection from Stampendous. They sent me the BEST, the CHUNKIEST glitters I have ever seen! I was sent Crushed Glass Glitter, Shaved Ice chunky glitter, and Fragments
To be truthful, the chunkiest of the “glitters” isn’t really a glitter – it’s fragmented mica flakes that have been dyed. And they are so pretty just to look at.
|To show you the difference in sizes.|
I loved just looking at the glitters in the jars, they were that pretty- but I had a hard time finding something to do with the fragments. It was so chunky that I couldn’t think of an application for it. In the end, I took a cheap IKEA glass lamp and added a band of the mica using sparkle ModPodge. It added a nice rustic, earthy tone to an otherwise boring lamp. It is hard to tell here, but the mica is naturally slightly translucent, so the flakes glow when lit from behind.
Here I took a ribbon flower hair clip and applied the shaved ice around the edges. My little girl loves anything glittery, so she really loves it. It really sparkles now!
For a little something different, I applied silver Crushed Glass Glitter to the inside of a small cookie cutter to hang on the Christmas tree. This crushed glass is so reflective and shiny, that I think it’s going to really sparkle once hung on the tree.
- the color are amazing!
- the number of options, variations, and types of Stampendous glitters will keep you busy
- I really liked the big wide jars, easier to pour product back into
- The mica is so big you might have a hard time thinking of ways to use it
- you’ll have glitter everywhere!
- you’ll quickly learn you don’t have enough things in your house to apply glitter to
Have you tried Stampendous chunky glitters? What’s your favorite type? What would you make with it?
Latest posts by CC Contributor (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Diorama Tutorial - October 28, 2016