I’ve recently taken up art journaling as another way to play with color and paper, and my favorite stamps and stencils. It’s been a nice change of pace from working with photos on layouts and pocket scrapbooking! (To see my first layout or a licensed counselor’s explanation of the therapeutic effects of art journaling , visit Scrapbook Update.)
This set of journal pages was created over several days during the week of my 44th birthday last month. They were my first pages working in my new Dylusions journal. My first experimental set of pages was done in a spiral bound journal from another company, but since I’m using so many Ranger products I wanted to use their chosen paper products as well.
I used a combination of Dylusions sprays and inks on these pages. The blue and turquoise background was done with sprays, and if you look closely there is some white (Linen) mixed in as well. Some of the stencils were done with a spritz of water.
This was my first attempt at using the new Dylusions paints. I applied them with the new round Ranger foam applicators, and was very happy with both the ease of use and the results that I achieved. They were simple to use and the results were beautiful. A little of the Dylusions paint goes a long way for an application like this, even though these paints are quite thin. The consistency makes it easy to load the applicator lightly and rub the paint into a stencil or other item without flooding the paper or making the stencil overflow.
I used some stickers and rub-ons as additional layers on the right hand page.
This silver heart was made with Ranger’s foil tape. The tape was die cut and embossed, before having some black Dylusions paint rubbed into the texture of it to grunge it a bit and knock down the shine.
The only pink thing on the two pages is the number 44. That makes is stand out, as it is the focus of my thoughts on this layout.
While most of my journaling was done with white gel pen, I liked for some reason adding the quote stickers as a third person voice on the page. It was kind of like my page was speaking back to me.
- Ranger Dylusions Spray Ink (After Midnight, London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, White Linen)
- Ranger Dylusions Acrylic Paint (Black Marble, Bubblegum Pink)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black, Deep Purple)
- The Crafter’s Workshop 12×12 stencils (reverse chicken wire, Life Strips)
- The Crafter’s Workshop 6×6 stencils (Mini Numerals, Mini Time Travel)
- Tim Holtz for Stamper’s Anonymous stamps (Documented, Stuff to Say, Mini Blue Prints 3, Simple Sayings)
- Recollections by Michaels clear number stamps
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Small Talk stickers
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Remnant Rubs (Life Quotes)
- Ranger pen (white opaque)
- Ranger foil tape
- Sizzix Alterations by Tim Holtz Die (Mini Hearts Movers & Shapers)
- Sizzix Alterations by Tim Holtz Embossing Folder (Cracked)
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- Graphic 45 Little Women Giveaway Winner! - May 17, 2018
- National Scrapbook Day Giveaway – Win Graphic 45 Little Women! - May 5, 2018
- Review | Polaroid Zip Mobile Printer with Zink Technology - October 19, 2017