Reported by Maria del Pinto
I love using various materials to personalize my jewelry. When I saw these cute paper tabs, I knew I had to use them to make something fun. So I designed this Ice Resin earring tutorial as a fun way to personalize earring blanks just by following the simple steps below!
- Little B Daisy Tabs
- Pop Age Timeline Earring Base from Bead Treasures (any earring blanks will do if the daisy fits)
- 8 – Prima Bead 4mm flatback Swarovski Crystal Rhinestones
- 2 – Prima Bead Swarovski 6mm Bicone in Pink Crystals
- 2 Ear wires
- 2 – ½” eye pins
- ICE Resin
- Crystal Ninja Crystal KuBaton
- G-S Hypo-tube Cement
- Round nose plier
- Needle nose plier
- Tooth pick
- Flat craft stick or coffee stirring stick
- Drip plate (I used an old perler bead tray)
Cut out the daisy shapes.
Mix ICE Resin according to manufacturer’s directions.
Place the earring blanks onto a drip plate. Then use the coffee stirring stick to drip and spread a thin layer of the resin into the surface of the earring blanks.
Carefully lay down the daisy pieces. Make sure the daisy is in contact with the ICE Resin. Use the toothpick to gently press down on the daisy to insure contact with the ICE Resin.
Slowly pour the ICE Resin onto the top of the daisy pieces to completely cover the earring.
Let dry (cure) for around 6-12 hours. Note: the weather can affect how long it takes the ICE Resin® to cure.
Put 4 tiny drops of the cement onto the middle of the flower. Use the Crystal Kubaton (from Crystal Ninja) to carefully place the rhinestones onto the glue in the center of the daisy pieces. Allow cement to dry.
Load the crystal onto the eye pin. Then using the round nose plier, create a loop on the other end of the eye pin.
To finish the earrings, attach the one of the loops in the eye pin to the ear wire. Then attached the other to the earring blank.
Step 10: Wear and enjoy!
Are you making jewelry for holiday gifts this year – or to wear for a special holiday occasion? What projects are you making?
Latest posts by CC Contributor (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Halloween Pumpkin Diorama Tutorial - October 28, 2016