We are continuing the dollar store holiday craft ideas this year with this quick and easy Thanksgiving place setting craft project! Our Thanksgiving place card holder project is easy to make and only requires a small amount of materials.
Supplies purchased at dollar store:
- 2 -Pumpkin décor pieces 1.00
- 2 scarecrows on a stick 1.00
- Bag of decorative die cut leaves 1.00
- Stem of fall flowers and leaves 1.00
- Mini chalkboard 1.00
Supplies on hand:
- Glue gun or A6000 glue
Cut the scarecrow stick down to 3 to 5 inches. The height you need will depend on the flowers you find at your local dollar store.
Remove the flowers and leaves from the stem.
Using a glue gun or A6000 glue, adhere the flowers to the pumpkin. Make sure to leave a spot to add the chalkboard!
To finish, all you need to do is adhere the chalkboard to the pumpkins.
Tip: If your pumpkin or squash does not stay up well on a flat surface, just glue a piece of wood to it. Below is a picture of one with wood, and one without the piece of wood on it. You can’t even see the little piece of wood I put on it, unless you tip it over a bit.
I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy dollar store project to make a Thanksgiving place setting! Let us know what fun projects you have created from your dollar store finds by leaving a comment below!
Maria Del Pinto
Latest posts by Maria Del Pinto (see all)
- Mommy Lhey February 2017 Little Bits Box Unboxing | Review - March 30, 2017
- Quick and Easy Holiday Paperclip Kids Project - December 18, 2016
- DIY Thanksgiving Place Setting Tutorial - November 19, 2016