Welcome to National Scrapbook Day on Craft Critique! I’ve got a great giveaway to celebrate with thanks to Graphic 45 – and a simple layout that I hope will get you inspired to scrapbook today!
[Disclosure: Some links below are links to Nally Studios advertisers or are affiliate links that pay a commission at no cost to the reader when a purchase is made after a click.]
This new Graphic 45 collection celebrates the classic book “Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott. Every young girl who reads the story sees herself in one of the four sisters whose lives share the book’s pages. (Of course, I’m a Jo!) This gorgeous celebration of reading and storytelling is perfect for scrapbooking any number of childhood moments.
I chose a photo of my daughter reading with her daddy to share with this collection. This is an old photo, over ten years old, part of a stash of forgotten enlargements I recently rediscovered while cleaning my mess, I mean studio.
- Graphic 45 “Little Women” Collection Pack (ACOT, Amazon, Scrapbook.com)
- Graphic 45 “Little Women” Journaling & Ephemera Cards (ACOT, Amazon, Scrapbook.com)
- Graphic 45 Staples – Large Tag, ATC Tag & Flower Dies (Scrapbook.com, Amazon)
- Sizzix Big Shot machine (ACOT, Amazon, Scrapbook.com)
- pink cardstock
- black pen
- PPA Matte adhesive (ACOT, Amazon)
- 28 Lilac Lane “Hello, Sunshine” embellishment bottle (ACOT)
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool (ACOT, Scrapbook.com, Amazon)
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Antique Linen (ACOT, Scrapbook.com, Amazon)
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet (ACOT, Scrapbook.com, Amazon)
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Worn Lipstick (ACOT, Scrapbook.com, Amazon)
- Cricut Cutting File
- Cricut Explore Air 2 (ACOT, Amazon)
The diagonal color blocking is a dramatic look. But it worked great – the photo of my daughter stood out brilliantly against the blue background and then the darker side of the photo stands out on the yellow print. The yellow paper balances the yellow on the layout by sitting opposite the yellow on my daughter’s pajamas.
I did the same color balancing with the pink & green, pairing the two pink elements on opposing sides of the diagonal divide and giving them green accents. The flower die is a Graphic 45 Staple and the layers work together beautifully! I used three graduated shades of cardstock (lighter on the bottom) to create the flower and give the illusion of shading.
The quote card was the perfect choice because it included the word “storybook) and it pulled the blue background print over to the other side of the diagonal.
So, are you ready for the giveaway? One lucky reader is going to win a Graphic 45 Little Women collection pack!
How To Enter: All you have to do to have a chance to be the lucky winner is leave a comment on this entry before 11:59PM US eastern time on Wednesday night, May 9th, 2018. Make sure you include your email address in the line reserved for it on the comment form (for your own protection, don’t put it in the text of the comment, where it will be visible to the public – just in the line labeled “email” in the form where only Craft Critique staff can see it). We will need it to notify you if you are a winner. Winners will be drawn by random drawing from all eligible entries. One entry per person. Sorry, US delivery addresses only.
But that’s not all! We’re giving away a different Graphic 45 collection on each of our Nally Studios websites today to celebrate National Scrapbook Day! Don’t miss your chance to win them all! Visit the links below to enter the giveaways on our other websites!
- Win Graphic 45 Sun Kissed on Scrapbook Update!
- Win Graphic 45 Floral Shoppe on Chasing Dust Bunnies!
Thanks for sharing your National Scrapbook Day with Craft Critique and Nally Studios!
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- Graphic 45 Little Women Giveaway Winner! - May 17, 2018
- National Scrapbook Day Giveaway – Win Graphic 45 Little Women! - May 5, 2018
- Review | Polaroid Zip Mobile Printer with Zink Technology - October 19, 2017