- Great Value – There are tons of items included in this kit; it retails for $39.99
- Everything is included, we didn’t have to pull anything out from my regular sewing supplies
- The sketchbook includes a lot of pages, so kids can keep designing. Plus, there are blank pages on the back of the printed ones
- There are lots of choices in the fabric, trims, and embellishments, as well as thread to match.
- The sample dress is a great way to get started, or to use if you get stumped
- If you are looking for a kit with a lot of instructions, this isn’t it. This kit has guidelines, but is more about using your creativity.
- Basic sewing knowledge is a must, so you may want to find another way to teach your child those skills. However, it isn’t needed, because they can do the designing, and you can do the sewing.
- The mannequin is a bit large, especially compared to that blonde doll we all know. The dresses created may not fit the dolls your child has.
So what do you think? Look like a fun project for your proto-designer? Leave us a comment and let us know!