Reported by Maria del Pinto
Disclosure: This site is a member of the Amazon.com affiliate program and some links in this article are affiliate links that pay this site a commission at no cost to the reader when a purchase is made after a click.
The Clover Jumbo Wonder Clips have proven to be the essential tool for many of my crafting needs. These nifty little clips can be used for so many different crafting, sewing, knitting, and jewelry making activities. I am over the moon with them! When I first was sent the package by our editor Nancy, I thought at first “what the heck do I use these for?” Needless to say, once I started playing with them, I realized their potential!
Let’s start with some details about the clips:
- The clips open to hold layers (about 3/4 of an inch) of material.
- There is a texture on the clip end to grip material better.
- Clips are light weight, made from plastic with a metal insert clip.
- One side is flat – great when you have to set the project down on a flat surface to work, and for keeping a project flat while feeding into your sewing machine.
- Flat side has 1/4″ markings, perfect for sewing.
- Clips are easy to both attach and remove, unlike sharp pins.
- For people with grip or motor issues, Wonder Clips are an easy to grasp alternative to pins.
All those facts are great, but seeing them in action is the best way to understand their possibilities. I used them while working on my Clover Basket Frame project.
They are perfect for Kumihimo projects. I used to use a metal ring to add weight to the bottom of my braid but I found that these clips worked so much better.
I started with one clip then just added more clips to increase the tension on the braid.
I also used Clover Jumbo Wonder Clips as a weight while knitting a scarf project. They came in handy for my watercolor painting class when the clip on my board broke – I just used these instead!
One thing to keep in mind when using them is that the clips will indent fabric or material from the pressure of the metal hinge of the clip, so remember that when putting aside a project for a few hours. Remove them if you are using fragile material before you put the project aside if possible. Otherwise, these are great for use in holding material during the construction of garments, multi-media projects, and more.
- Great for sewing, the flat clear back will not catch as you feed the fabric while sewing.
- Great for quilting and other sewing projects.
- Plastic is easy to clean, so you can use it for any craft.
- Easy to clean
- Works with paper, fabric, etc. as long as the thickness is less than 3/4″
- If you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome or anything similar then these might be a bit challenging to use.
- You will be hooked and be tempted to buy the other sizes available.
- These are plastic so they will break if stepped on or run over by a car (don’t ask).
Have you tried Clover Jumbo Wonder Clips? What did you use them for?