Several years ago, I bought a bag of clear buttons with the intention of creating my own embellishments with patterned paper, cardstock, etc. It turned out to be a rather messy and time-consuming process, and my finished buttons always had ragged edges.
I really had fun with the Vintage Settings. They take an already cool custom embellishment to the next level. These would also make great refrigerator magnets, thumbtacks, scrapbook embellishments — the possibilities are endless.
- Simple, fast way to make custom embellishments.
- Works on a range of materials including cardstock, patterned paper, photos and layered paper.
- Great accompanying embellishments including Vintage Elements and Felt Flowers.
- Shapes can be used for scrapbooking, cardmaking, jewelry, home decor and more.
- Can get a little pricey if you want all the tools, which retail for about $19.95 each.
- You’ll have to keep buying the epoxy shapes and clear buttons in order to use the tool. Epoxy shapes have various amounts per package, depending on size, and are $4.99. The buttons come 20 to a package and are $4.99.
- The tools have a short reach, but you can cut your paper down to size if you want to reach a certain spot.
- The button maker didn’t punch the button holes as large as I needed for threading twine, but it was easy to expand them with a paper piercer.
The great folks at Epiphany are giving away this amazing prize package to one lucky reader. Just answer any of the following questions in the comment section of this article on this blog to be entered: