Which is true, this kit is easily finished in one weekend, and is great for those with limited free time to work on embroidery projects but want to enjoy the relaxing fun of doing embroidery. This is also a nice kit for introducing embroidery to beginners. The project is cute and the fabric and appliques are good quality cotton.
- pre-printed cotton fabric pillow cover in 100% cotton
|100% heavy cotton|
- pre-printed cotton fabric appliques
- color coordinated cotton thread
|color coordinated thread and thread holder|
- one needle
- one set of brief but simple instructions
- buttonhole stitch
- running stitch
- back stitch
- stem stitch
- french knot
Overall, this would be an easy project to introduce someone to applique work and basic embroidery stitches. All the supplies are included (except the pillow) and the directions are very brief and simple to follow.
- Always keep the color picture, you can use it as reference, just in case the diagrams do not make sense to you.
- Utilize the color-coded card that is included in this kit to perfectly match the colors to the diagrams.
- Place all the parts in a ziplock for an easy and inexpensive traveling kit. Just grab it and you have something to work on when the opportunity presents itself.
- The color-coded stitch holders help you match the color to the diagram.
- The stitch diagrams are easy-to-follow, but they also provide additional reference on their website of the stitches and some video help too.
- The die-cut pieces are easy to work, and are a nice heavy cotton.
- The instructions in this kit do not have the color diagrams that some of their other kits provide. Those were super helpful to beginners and made it easy to see the differences in not only the stitches but in the correct colors to do them in.
- The very brief instructions may bother a beginner who may want more detailed instructions.
- Only comes with one needle. Why not include an extra needle?