The kit they sent me was the Scenic Selection which comes with 14 jars in a variety of colors:
I used one of the stamps enclosed in the kit, the “VersaMark” ink pad and some of the embossing colors.
I decided to keep the image as is and a little more embossing powder in certain areas to give it some definition.
- Interesting selection of earthy colors that darken once they are set by the heat gun.
- Some of the colors are opaque which is great for covering darker surfaces.
- Some of the colors are more translucent which lends well to working on lighter surfaces and glass.
- You can add a variety of materials like mica, glitter, etc. to the embossing powder to create additional special effects, as long as you heat the paper from beneath the stamped surface.
- There is no purple or black shade in the kit. Two colors that I personally can not live without.
- The small containers make it challenging to get the left over embossing powder back into the container without waste.
- The sunny yellow turns a strange color when used on dark surfaces, so be mindful of that when planning out your project.