Reported by Susan Reidy
The Twinkling H20s did the best on the dark cardstock; the colors were the truest and most saturated. Shimmerz had a hard time on the dark cardstock, but I did like the results on the white cardstock. The Shimmer Paint did ok on the dark cardstock, but I still think the color was the best from the Twinkling H20s.
Next, I added some water to my pot of Heavenly White, waited a few minutes and mixed it to a more paint-like consistency.
I then used a sponge dauber to add shimmer to my banner pieces, which I had embossed with snowflake pattern. I love how it highlights the embossing, as you can see in this before and after photo.
Here are some shots of my finished banner. I love how the Twinkling H20s give it a cool, wintry feel.
For my next project, I shimmered up a heart doily, also with Heavenly White.
I added it to my Valentine’s Day card. I also used the Champagne Shimmer Paint and a mask to add a border around my stamped image. That’s another of my favorite uses for these shimmering products.
Once I got started, I couldn’t stop shimmering! I used a paint brush to add some Heavenly White to the heart the little girl is holding, her petticoat, socks and to some of the words on the card.
- All three add a nice, permanent shine and shimmer to projects.
- Twinkling H20s, because they’re dry, don’t need to be mixed/shaken to ensure even distribution of the sparkly bits.
- Twinkling H20s provide the best color on dark cardstock.
- Even though the pots are small, the Twinkling H20s will last through many projects.
- Using more or less water, you can control the amount of color from the Twinkling H20s.
- Oyster can be used to lighten any color.
- All three can warp your paper, depending on how much product you use and the type of paper.
- If you want to collect all the colors, these shimmery products can get pricey.
- You won’t know when to stop and will up shimmering all your projects (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
What to you use to glam you your projects? Leave us a comment and let us know!