Reported by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
I am a big-time papercrafter, and my #1 go-to tool is my hobby knife. I use and abuse my hobby knives until they are embarrassingly dull and ineffective. Imagine my excitement when a package from Westcott Products arrived containing a brand-spanking new hobby knife, replacement blades and self-healing cutting mat!
First impression: That is the cutest stinkin’ hobby knife I have ever seen. Ooooh! And, look! A cushioned grip!! I could cut for hours and hours!
So, of course, I had to try it out. Oops! This sucker is much sharper than I expected. Maybe it is because all of my previous hobby knives were so incredibly dull. It took a while for me to get the hang of how hard to press down while cutting paper on the self-healing cutting mat. I broke my first blade within seconds.
No worries! I have replacements.
With a little bit of practice with my new hobby knife and cutting mat, I was soon a cutting fool.
Why do I like hobby knives so much?
- With a steady hand, they are very precise.
- I can cut around curves and in tight spots.
- One tool does it all. No need to switch over to scissors or a paper trimmer.
And, how did the Westcott Hobby Knife and Transparent 12×12 Cutting Mat measure up?
As I mentioned, once I got used to the ultra-sharp blade and figured out how much pressure to apply, I was in heaven. My new hobby knife cuts through paper “like buttah.”
It made assembling this cute Canister Box a breeze!
- The hobby knife has a super sharp blade.
- Replacement blades!
- Cushioned grip – probably my favorite feature.
- Nice safety cap with a pen-like feel.
- The self-healing cutting mat performs exactly as expected.
- The cutting mat has a great hole for hanging storage.
- The hobby knife has a super sharp blade! It took some getting used to.
- The blade seems a bit thin. I was surprised at how quickly it broke. However, it is SUPER precise, so I’m not really going to complain about this!
Westcott is giving away a prize pack filled with $150 in products to two lucky readers.
Leave a comment on this post or any Vendor Spotlight: Wescott and answer one or all of these questions…
You have until Sunday, May 16th 6pm CST to enter. One entry per person, please.