Reported by Peggy Marsh
I love making projects using my Zutter “Bind-it-All” and typically I use very heavy duty chipboard for spiral notebook covers, often making my own by recycling cardboard. The corners of my projects were always square until I found the Zutter Heavy-Duty “Round-it-All” (Model R-10, 1/2″ corner punch) while shopping at my local craft haunt. This model retails for $24.99. This tool is the largest of Zutter’s Round-It line with a 1/2″ cut, and there is also a smaller unit that cuts 1/4″ corners.
I was intrigued by the claim that this punch would cut through materials up to 1/8″ thick (including chipboard, acrylic, leather, tin and clipboard). So I purchased it.. ’cause I NEEDED it. You know how that goes, right?
I’m a very visual person, so to give you an idea of how thick 1/8″ material really is…
* it’s two notches on a standard ruler.
* it’s equal to five pieces of cardboard from a cereal box. These were held together and punched in one shot with ease! (see upper left corner)
At the bottom of the corner rounder there’s a spring-loaded trap door that holds cu- off pieces. It’s best to clean this out after using a couple of times so it doesn’t clog the punch. The cut pieces won’t go flying across the room but stay in the housing until you empty it.
- Weight is comfortable at 8.9 ounces.
- Makes a very clean and smooth cut. As a comparison, it was easier to punch through five thicknesses of cardboard with the Zutter than using paper in some of the hand-held paper punches that I own.
- Works well, even for arthritic hands.
- Comes with a large elastic band to close securely while storing.
- Trap mechanism holds cut pieces.
- There are no exposed blades or sharp cutting pieces, so it’s safe for children to use.
- Lifetime warranty.
- While the elastic band fits very snuggly on the punch for storage, it can be a bit hard to get back on the tool.
- Not quite a ‘con’, but for a bit more definition I would like to see a larger corner rounder… perhaps 3/4″?
Have you used the Zutter Round-it-All? What do you use it for? Leave us a comment and let us know.